Question How likely to blow up?

S_Bard

Prominent
Oct 20, 2019
I have a 300w generic itx PSU with a broken fan (one of the copper coils is burnt) for a miro atx pc. Due to the nature of the small PSU the only way to fix it is to buy a new fan and solder it on (its soldered not plugged) or change the coil (i don't know if thats even a thing). This has been going on for a bit more than a year, and i susspect that it hasn´t blown up because the pc is really low end and doubt it ever even reaches 200w consumption.
I will soon buy another pc, but what should i do with this? This pc hd 2000 strugles for its life daily, i kind of want to give it a GPU. So should i buy a new PSU (due to my location and case im quite limitted and the price is a bit meh) and then buy a GPU? Or should i just say screw it and put a low consumption card and hope it doesn´t explode (i don´t really care if it explodes)

PD: My reasoning behind this is that finding a gpu thats better than an hd2000 for dirt cheap is kind of easy. I know its a supper low cost investment, but i don´t know how much is the risk.

Last edited by a moderator: