how long before Gtx 1060 6gb gets outdated?

pooyaaw

Prominent
Jul 22, 2017
Hi.I'm building a pc and these are the parts,how long do you think can they play the newest games on 30 fps low settings?
Core i7 7500
Gtx 1060 6th
16 GB ram
How long do u think it's going to last?

Solution
no one can be sure about something like that

it depends on how good is the optimization, how much has the technology improved by then (as most dev would optimize their games for the technology they have right then and for the future upcoming technology), and what kind of game is it (AAA heavy-demanding title? E-sport title? etc)

that GPU is meant for 1080p, playing with higher resolution is not recommended for that GPU as it's not their spec's target so i wouldn't even ask about it...

if your PC live a long life and perform well till it becomes obsolete, probably 3-5 years with the CPU falling behind first since the CPU is only 4c/4t and it's locked too, so no OC path available...

followed by your GPU in about another 2-4 years
(i...

drkatz42

Honorable

at what resolution?

gasaraki

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008

The 1060 6GB should last a long time at that setting. Also depends on what resolution you are playing at.

no one can be sure about something like that

it depends on how good is the optimization, how much has the technology improved by then (as most dev would optimize their games for the technology they have right then and for the future upcoming technology), and what kind of game is it (AAA heavy-demanding title? E-sport title? etc)

that GPU is meant for 1080p, playing with higher resolution is not recommended for that GPU as it's not their spec's target so i wouldn't even ask about it...

if your PC live a long life and perform well till it becomes obsolete, probably 3-5 years with the CPU falling behind first since the CPU is only 4c/4t and it's locked too, so no OC path available...

followed by your GPU in about another 2-4 years
(i suppose, but since there's no more lifetime warranty for GPU + every part had their own GPU, u'll be pretty lucky already if ur GPU survive that long without any problem...)

Solution

Well until this console generation ends this pc should be able to run most games. However heavily multithreaded games are becoming more and more common so it could very well be that your i5 is going to be the first part holding you back.