How long before I can get an Asus Strix GTX 1070 for a reasonable price?

Shicklin01

Reputable
Dec 21, 2015
I am building a new gaming pc and I want to get an Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 to go along with it. I am just wondering how long it will be before I can get one below like $425 or even at the MSRP of around $380, because so far all of the 1070s have been ridiculously overpriced.

Here is my build:
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/BVJNGf
(any suggestions for my build would be greatly appreciated also)

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Let me pull out my crystal ball and see... ;) So far we don't know. Nvidia is alone in the performance segment right now with past-28 nm GPUs, until AMD comes out with Vega, whose release date is also unknown. So Nvidia has all the incentives not to let his partners come out with their custom cards anytime soon, so that they (Nvidia) can milk the enthusiasts selling their Founders Edition. You'll have to be patient. I'd say a month from now, but who knows for sure...

RonRave

Commendable
Feb 18, 2016
You won't see one below MSRP until AT LEAST the 1080ti comes out, however, given they are now on 14NM and the manufacturing process is different (more expensive) I wouldn't bet on seeing any below MSRP until after New Years. Sorry bro!

RonRave

Commendable
Feb 18, 2016

I would bet until the next set come out - i.e. the 1080ti and the pascal TITAN.

Let me pull out my crystal ball and see... ;) So far we don't know. Nvidia is alone in the performance segment right now with past-28 nm GPUs, until AMD comes out with Vega, whose release date is also unknown. So Nvidia has all the incentives not to let his partners come out with their custom cards anytime soon, so that they (Nvidia) can milk the enthusiasts selling their Founders Edition. You'll have to be patient. I'd say a month from now, but who knows for sure...

Solution

TRENDING THREADS