how long before i need to upgrade my gpu?

chris78

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2013
I currently have

amd fx8350 @ 4.0ghz
gigabyte 990fxa-ud3
corsair ddr3 16gb 1333mhz ram
Nvidia gtx 670
xfx core edition 850 watt psu

my question is how long before I need to upgrade my gpu as I think I only have this year until my gtx 670 will struggle and with games like watchdogs coming out and maybe gta v. I think my gpu will struggle

Solution
It won't struggle as long as you don't push demanding games to the maximum settings. Do you struggle with any games now? Because you shouldn't have problems playing on high settings at 1080p

Foldalot

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013
It won't struggle as long as you don't push demanding games to the maximum settings. Do you struggle with any games now? Because you shouldn't have problems playing on high settings at 1080p

Solution

chris78

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2013
no I don't struggle playing at high settings, I have to turn certain settings off like analising etc. just wondered when would be a good time to upgrade my gpu as I only game with one monitor and at 1080p thanks

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

I would say so. Obviously as games get more demanding you may have to reduce the quality settings, but the gtx 670 is still a very good card - also it responds very well to overclocking if yours has a good cooler.

there are a few games that appears every now and then that requires really beefy rigs. But still , majority of games can be handled by a good gpu.

my typical cycle is 2yrs for cpu and gpu. i broke that record for the CPU since i am still happy with my 2500k since i can OC higher if needed (im at 4ghz now)

TRENDING THREADS