Question How long before Win7 is below OS Req for games/apps

buckshot187

Honorable
Jul 11, 2018
So I'd like to stick with my Windows 7 for now, and I'd like to know when will approximately Windows 7 stop getting compatibility support from video games / apps?
And when is the ideal time to upgrade to Win10

tnx

Once January 14, 2020 hits, you will begin to have massive holes in your OS. Much like what happened with Win XP, hackers aren't going to try and exploit new holes for the last few months leading up to the EOL as they don't want MS to know about those holes and have them patched. Right now just about every game that is DirectX12 requires Win 10. MS added support for only a couple DX12 games in Win 7.

Reactions: buckshot187

buckshot187

Honorable
Jul 11, 2018
Once January 14, 2020 hits, you will begin to have massive holes in your OS. Much like what happened with Win XP, hackers aren't going to try and exploit new holes for the last few months leading up to the EOL as they don't want MS to know about those holes and have them patched. Right now just about every game that is DirectX12 requires Win 10. MS added support for only a couple DX12 games in Win 7.
Besides the security issues, I think DX11 will remain mainstream for quite some time now, it's harder to develop for DX12 from what I heard and read
But ideally it would be good to upgrade to Windows 10 i guess yes