[SOLVED] How long can a Gaming PC be left turned on without causing it damage?? how much on average it should running?

silversmith995

Prominent
May 7, 2018
Hi Guys.

I need some help, I hope you guys don’t mind having my back here, Ok let me explain
I’ve been having some problems, with my brother lately well in reality it’s more like arguments because I have a Gaming Computer, I’ll write down the Specs later.

The Story is I don’t mind him using the computer, but here’s the problem He been using it 12 or something’s 15 straight hours lately, anything from Playing Games to Watching his Anime’s. I am scared Shitless if anything happens to the Computer. He says that this computer can handle it and bla, bla. But what I believe is that since he didn’t buy it. He really doesn’t give a shit if something happens to it

I think it’s way too much time and my problem is I like to take care of my things, Guys I still have a working Nintendo 64 in fantastic shape. It’s just a thing of mine. I love using my things and now abusing them. This is my First Gaming Computer that I bought myself and I want it last even after it becomes obsolete but also I don’t want to be a dick with my brother either.
So Now I ask you cause without of thought you guys must have the answer.

My Computer Specs Are
Asus ROG Maximus X Hero Motherboard
Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7Ghz CPU
Asus GeForce ROG Strix Gaming GTX 1080Ti OC 11GB GDDR5 Video Card
16 Gb Ram
8 TB HDD
500 GB SDD

That’s as much as I remember, Temperature wise I never let the CPU go further than 55C and my Video Card nothing beyond than 65C

I hope this is enough information and if anything else Please text me

Thank you in advances
Kind Regards

Solution
Nahhh it will be fine, I have been running my 2 rigs constantly for years wihout issue, except if there was power cutout.
Ive run m current for 6 months straight.
The only thing is bad ehat Ive heard is to shutdown and startup of the hdd which can damage it (but quite unsure).
Still have almost 10 year old hdd running fine.

I havent turned it off yet in 34 days.

Everything has its lifespan, especially the capacitors.

Since my day 1 rig (Q6600, p5g41, gt520 fanless) i have been gaming onto it a lot, even the io sheild got a color degradation, cpu is still running fine aswell the motherboard and ram sticks.

Take example of servers they run 24/7.
Nahhh it will be fine, I have been running my 2 rigs constantly for years wihout issue, except if there was power cutout.
Ive run m current for 6 months straight.
The only thing is bad ehat Ive heard is to shutdown and startup of the hdd which can damage it (but quite unsure).
Still have almost 10 year old hdd running fine.

I havent turned it off yet in 34 days.

Everything has its lifespan, especially the capacitors.

Since my day 1 rig (Q6600, p5g41, gt520 fanless) i have been gaming onto it a lot, even the io sheild got a color degradation, cpu is still running fine aswell the motherboard and ram sticks.

Take example of servers they run 24/7.

Solution

Same here. Still have my Core2Duo E8500. Thats more then 10 years old or? :D