How long can I let my computer be on ?

kalimana

Honorable
Aug 27, 2017
I don't know if [Systems] is the right paragraph for this question but w/e ;D. So I just wanna ask how long can I let my computer be on and will I have any issues while doing it ? The reason is I want to bot in a game alot ( 24/7 ) but till now I haven't let me computer go above 24 hours so I am a little confused if smth is gonna happan. Thank you for your time :)

Solution

There are different kinds of bots. Some are illegal, others belong to a somewhat "grey" area and some of them may be fine depending on the situation and whether a company allows it or not. You should also know that a lot of gaming companies hunt down the bots and they even close user accounts without warning. So I think you should be very careful. That said, I don't...

USAFRet

Titan

My PC is on basically 24/7.
My HTPC is on 24/7.
My NAS box (a little Linux PC), is on 24/7.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Nothing will happen just added electricity usage is all.

The company i work for have pentium 4 systems running 24/7 all year never turned off. Been like that for many years. Only time they restart is after an MS update lol. Youll be fine.

Theoretically your system can be on indefinitely. There is no danger for your hardware. In fact it is better for your hardware's life since electronic components get stressed more during the power-up phase. On the other hand I don't think that botting is OK. That said it's your system and you decide how to use it. Good luck.

kalimana

Honorable
Aug 27, 2017

Why do you think botting is no OK ?

There are different kinds of bots. Some are illegal, others belong to a somewhat "grey" area and some of them may be fine depending on the situation and whether a company allows it or not. You should also know that a lot of gaming companies hunt down the bots and they even close user accounts without warning. So I think you should be very careful. That said, I don't know what type of bot you are using and on what game, so you may be fine after all. Good luck.

Solution

kalimana

Honorable
Aug 27, 2017

Oh okey then thank buddy !