how long can you reserve a free copy of windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiv

Reputable
Dec 14, 2014
how long can you reserve a free copy of windovs 10 cause I am getting a new pc in october.

Solution
You only reserve it for the PC your reserved it on.
And reserving it doesn't do anything besides prepare you for an automatic update to it.
But assuming your current windows 7/8 license is transferable you should still be able to use that CDKEY to install windows 10 on your new system.
You only reserve it for the PC your reserved it on.
And reserving it doesn't do anything besides prepare you for an automatic update to it.
But assuming your current windows 7/8 license is transferable you should still be able to use that CDKEY to install windows 10 on your new system.

Solution

g-unit1111

Titan

My boss said we're not upgrading until the VPN software our field guys use can be implemented properly. So yeah I'm guessing it will be a while. :lol:

USAFRet

Titan
I'm going to attempt upgrading my laptop as early as possible...July 29 if possible.
Why? It is merely a secondary testbox, that has been running Win 10 TP since day one. Zero necessary info on it, and I want to test how the upgrade process goes.
The Win 10 TP partition should roll over to the release, and the Win 7 partition will get upgraded to 10 whenever it happens.

The rest of the systems in the house? Maybe around Christmas (or Memorial Day)...:lol:

I think i'll make a backup of my windows 8.1 OS SSD to 2TB HDD and upgrade asap as well, I also have a windows 10 test box but I barely use it so I doubt there would be anything that could go wrong though.

I'm pretty sure I do have a couple programs that won't work though.

Status
Not open for further replies.