How long do BIOS updates take to update MSI Live Update 6?

iExzelz

Reputable
Dec 26, 2015
I am currently updating my BIOS using MSI Live Update 6 and Bios has been installing for like 2hrs now. I don't want to shut down my computer. Or could it be because I have updated my bios in like a year?

I've asked because some MSI boards feature dual BIOS. Not your board, unfortunately.
My guess is that something went wrong during the process and it would result in corrupt BIOS.
However, you'd have to restart the board, eventually. See what happens. If not POST-ing, I suggest RMA-ing the board, if under warranty.

iExzelz

Reputable
Dec 26, 2015

Alright everything went ok with the restart. Nothing went wrong. Should I try it again on Live Update or just flash it normally?

ImpatientCris

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017
Hi, i just joined this forum because im updating my BIOS with msi live update 6 as well... so it seems it takes a minute?! So if i've been waiting for 12 hours, i been waiting far too long right?

rugupiruvu

Reputable
Apr 4, 2019
While 2 hours is way too long, dont
Usually takes less than a minute ... board model doesn't matter.

In my case, the BIOS update for my MSI B350 Mate board took roughly 15 minutes. Eventually, my PC rebooted and the update was successful.

The update was from to E7A34AMS.A.E0 to E7A34AMS.A.J0

So don't panic if it takes a few minutes and rather wait until it's been hours before trying a hard reboot.