[SOLVED] How long do you guys think the RTX 2080 super will stay relevant?

BrandonFitzpatricc

Commendable
Jun 23, 2019
The reason I’m asking is because I’m planning to buy one, and I would like it to last me at least four years, five if possible. I don’t think that should be a problem though, considering that the GTX 1080 from 3 years ago is still fairly relevant but I’m just curious to see what you guys think.

Solution
My bad, I probably should’ve mentioned the resolution. I’m playing at 1440p on. 165hz monitor. I try to keep my settings at ultra as long as it’s possible. As for which games, I’m not really sure, since a lot more games will come out in 5 years, although I’m not really into “cinematic” games, which seem to be the most demanding. I definitely plan on playing doom eternal once it releases
Well doom runs on Vulkan so that would run fine I’d expect but look at Borderlands 3, it struggles to hit 100 at 1440p using a 2080Ti on ultra not even the “badass” preset. Looking at it if you’re playing games around doom level and stay away from AAA 3rd person games you should be fine. It’ll still play games in 5 years but probably around...

BrandonFitzpatricc

Commendable
Jun 23, 2019
At what res, settings and what games?
My bad, I probably should’ve mentioned the resolution. I’m playing at 1440p on. 165hz monitor. I try to keep my settings at ultra as long as it’s possible. As for which games, I’m not really sure, since a lot more games will come out in 5 years, although I’m not really into “cinematic” games, which seem to be the most demanding. I definitely plan on playing doom eternal once it releases

Well doom runs on Vulkan so that would run fine I’d expect but look at Borderlands 3, it struggles to hit 100 at 1440p using a 2080Ti on ultra not even the “badass” preset. Looking at it if you’re playing games around doom level and stay away from AAA 3rd person games you should be fine. It’ll still play games in 5 years but probably around medium-high like the 980 does now.

Reactions: BrandonFitzpatricc
Solution

Impala640

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019
Yea the 2080 Super should last about 3-4 years at 1440 I personally game at 1080p and im gonna get a 2070 Super for the next 3-4 years but I like to just play R6 and GTA V so it should last 7 years on those games. But I do a big upgrade on my PC every year starting this year

Reactions: BrandonFitzpatricc