How long do you think my laptop's components would last (Give an estimate please)

legendarydarkmafia

Commendable
Sep 9, 2017
So I was wondering how long will my laptop last as it has a pretty trashy cooling system (Check my previous post and click on the youtube link to see how bad it is. P.S: I AM NOT PROMOTING AND IT IS NOT MY VIDEO) First of all, I leave my laptop running 24/7, and due to my trashy cooling system, my fan is always on. Secondly, I have a pretty terrible battery that would barely last 3 hours in idle mode. So far in about 30 days I have had 40 charge cycles. Yes 40. Thirdly, I write about.... 2 TB worth of data a day and if your wondering why that's most probably because its only a 120 GB SSD which means I have to transfer and delete data constantly. It also serves as a backup server so yeah. So far about 67 TB worth of data written, still working absolutely fine though. Fourth, my laptop runs in a pretty dusty environment (I live in Jakarta) and sometimes if days are very hot my laptop still runs. How long do you think my components would last? Give me an approx so I could have a heads up.

Please forgive me if I have any grammar mistakes.

Solution
You are running it as hard as a laptop can handle...
Still... most of it could last 3 years with 1 exception.

Your SSD will fail when you are reading and writing that much data to a small SSD.
How long? that's hard to say. 1 year? 6 months?
I would look at the SSD information: manufacturers often tell you how much data can be written and erased from an SSD before you can expect failure. For most situations an SSD will last 3 - 5 years or more but your using it to the max.

For your situation you really should look at getting a desktop and a larger HDD not an SSD.
You are running it as hard as a laptop can handle...
Still... most of it could last 3 years with 1 exception.

Your SSD will fail when you are reading and writing that much data to a small SSD.
How long? that's hard to say. 1 year? 6 months?
I would look at the SSD information: manufacturers often tell you how much data can be written and erased from an SSD before you can expect failure. For most situations an SSD will last 3 - 5 years or more but your using it to the max.

For your situation you really should look at getting a desktop and a larger HDD not an SSD.

Solution

legendarydarkmafia

Commendable
Sep 9, 2017

My SSD is a PNY CS1311 120 GB SSD which is a cheap entry-level TLC SSD. Doesn't tell how long it would last but only says 2 million hours. No Max writes. Also I cant check for Pending sectors, Reallocated Sectors, and Bad Sectors and my SSD does not support them on S.M.A.R.T . I plan on swapping my backup server to an HDD soon as I have spare laying around somewhere. I also forgot to mention that my SSD could write up to 5 TB worth of data a day so you could imagine the wear.