How long does AMD's RMA process take?

BeatboxingFTW

Reputable
Mar 6, 2014
hello, recently my amd a10 7850k is like is not working after a month of purchase because every like 20 minutes after my pc is turned on it works perfectly with games but after that the fps drops at unplayable levels at a maximum temperature of 60 degrees celsius so i wanted to claim the warranty and this is the first email they sent me.
Dear Customer,

Your Service Request has been received and will be processed shortly. Depending on the nature of your inquiry, further automated messages with additional instructions might follow.

Service Request: {ticketno: (there is a number here but i dont want to show it in case is important)}

We thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

AMD Global Customer Care

And this is the latest email they sent me.

This is an automatically generated email, please do not reply.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting AMD Global Customer Care.

We have created a Customer Care Support account based on the details you submitted with your service request.

A separate email containing your service request reference number will follow.

Thank you for choosing AMD!

Best regards,

AMD Global Customer Care

now do i have to do anything about this email or should i just wait for another email like saying i should ship the item or what? please help im kind of a dumbass at this stuff

Solution
For the most part AMD probably has a very small rma department. In all honesty I only have had about 5 problems like you described actually coming from a fault on the processor side, and that is from 15 years of experience of computers coming in and going out of my repair store. I would monitor your motherboard more so than your actual processor. I've seen on some of the cheaper motherboards that they can actually cause the board to down voltages just so that the VRMS/mosfets can stay cool enough, not so much the actual processor itself. I would first contact your motherboard manufacture and see if they can work something out with you. In all honesty you could probably get 5 motherboard rmas done in the time that one AMD rma would take...

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Might have to wait till a human comes to work :) No seriously, I haven't been pleased with their 'customer support', and have had a couple clients go through rather lengthy RMA processes, also had a couple that flew through, might be worth a call to them, and sort of start off with simply asking for a refund if all they plan to do is stall things out and waste your time

lfkfkfkffs

Admirable
For the most part AMD probably has a very small rma department. In all honesty I only have had about 5 problems like you described actually coming from a fault on the processor side, and that is from 15 years of experience of computers coming in and going out of my repair store. I would monitor your motherboard more so than your actual processor. I've seen on some of the cheaper motherboards that they can actually cause the board to down voltages just so that the VRMS/mosfets can stay cool enough, not so much the actual processor itself. I would first contact your motherboard manufacture and see if they can work something out with you. In all honesty you could probably get 5 motherboard rmas done in the time that one AMD rma would take. Just from my experience. Just contact them have a chat and see what they can do. just use the amd rma as a last resort.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS