[SOLVED] How long does BIOS update take

Jun 18, 2021
I have Asus X-570 E-Gaming. The mobo was showing green Q-LED today, I came to know it's because of failed boot. So, I'm updating the BIOS(firmware or host boot software). The size of the flash file is 32 MiB and the flash drive used is 2.0 one. It's been 30 min now and the green LED(which indicates the BIOS is being flashed) still hasn't gone off, and now I'm worried. What to do?
For reference:
  • Asus X570 E-Gaming
  • GSkill RipJaws 32 GiB DDR4 @ 3200MHz
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • Samsung 980 Pro PCIe4 SSD
  • DeepCool 850W PSU
  • Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity

Solution
Hi, thank you so much for taking the time to try and help. I had made a noob error, I put the CPU fan in pins other than main pins, for some strange reason, this mobo doesn't proceed with the boot if the CPU fan isn't plugged into the right set of pins, maybe which it needs for the successful POST. I never actually connected a display to the system so I could see the error(as I use it as a server). Only when I connected a monitor to it did I realize the problem was a noob error and solved it.
"some strange reason" is that CPUs need good cooling and most BIOS would not let it BOOT or even POST without fan running in proper connector. (CPU_FAN).
Jun 18, 2021
Bios updates usually take only about 1-3 minutes, then 2 or 3 reboots and its done.
Still stuck ?
Hi, thank you so much for taking the time to try and help. I had made a noob error, I put the CPU fan in pins other than main pins, for some strange reason, this mobo doesn't proceed with the boot if the CPU fan isn't plugged into the right set of pins, maybe which it needs for the successful POST. I never actually connected a display to the system so I could see the error(as I use it as a server). Only when I connected a monitor to it did I realize the problem was a noob error and solved it.

"some strange reason" is that CPUs need good cooling and most BIOS would not let it BOOT or even POST without fan running in proper connector. (CPU_FAN).

Solution