[SOLVED] How long does it take for bios to apply settings?

Mar 6, 2020
After i change the settings in my bios i usually shutdown my PC and unplug my keyboard (so that the american megatrends dosent appear) because after i save the settings the screen just goes black.

But after watching some videos i see people booting to windows when they save and exit , Am i doing something wrong? or does it just take time?

Solution
I mean, whenever i change something in Bios and click save and exit it automatically resets and proceeds to boot, depends, i know that when you set in bios "fast boot" that it would skip some steps in order to boot faster, try to give it some time, so we know if it does or doesnt boot, or it just needs time.

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your motherboard and the BIOS version you're on at the moment? On a side note, might want to include your full system's specs and the component in your build that you're overclocking.

If the settings are right, then you shouldn't be held up during boot sequence.

Morterio

Great
Dec 4, 2020
I mean, whenever i change something in Bios and click save and exit it automatically resets and proceeds to boot, depends, i know that when you set in bios "fast boot" that it would skip some steps in order to boot faster, try to give it some time, so we know if it does or doesnt boot, or it just needs time.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS