How long should I wait for my components to dry out?

HarryKRoby

Prominent
May 22, 2017
Its a long story for how they got wet, so I'll sphere your time. For a very short time rain fell onto the motherboard and ram of the computer as well as a little in the fins of the heat-sink. It was light rain and there wasn't a whole lot that got in. and the computer wasn't on or had power when this happened.
I took it all apart being careful not to let the water residue spread. I put all the parts in direct sunlight on a static free surface. and flipped them every once in a while. Its been three hours since I took it apart and I want to know how long I need to wait until I can put everything back together and use it.

Solution
depends upon water got to what places. coz of indirect sunlight it may take longer to dry out. 1-2 days are good enough. and you can use hair dryer to dry complx parts like dimm slots. sata slots. or any place under the componenets.

somesh101

Honorable
Jul 16, 2015
depends upon water got to what places. coz of indirect sunlight it may take longer to dry out. 1-2 days are good enough. and you can use hair dryer to dry complx parts like dimm slots. sata slots. or any place under the componenets.

Solution