[SOLVED] How long will a gtx 1050 ti last?

Nov 24, 2020
Hi, I am going to build a new pc and as i am on a tight budget i was considering buying an i3 9100f with gtx 1050 ti, Just wanted to know how long will the gpu last? Like stop working and i have to buy a new one. Thanks
Sorry for bad english😅

Solution
PC hardware, if cared for, will generally way outlast its usefulness. That GTX 1050 ti will most likely be unable to properly run future new games at playable settings before it physically dies. As an example, A friend has an old Windows PC, from 1997, I think, that still works. The hardware still functions perfectly, but the PC is nearly unusable now due to how much tech has advanced around the hardware.

The exception to this is manufacturers error, or if the parts were/are mistreated. Extreme overheating or a bad PSU can cause one to die, like another friend on mine. He bought a GTX 1050 I had used for 2 years, with no issues. His prebuilt that he put the GPU into had a very weak, poorly made PSU, and poor airflow case with little...
Hi, I am going to build a new pc and as i am on a tight budget i was considering buying an i3 9100f with gtx 1050 ti, Just wanted to know how long will the gpu last? Like stop working and i have to buy a new one. Thanks
Sorry for bad english😅
If you're buying it brand new I'd expect it to last several years at least, if you get a decent power supply and your chassis (case) is not a heat trap. If it's used it may not last a day.

Reactions: Shange
PC hardware, if cared for, will generally way outlast its usefulness. That GTX 1050 ti will most likely be unable to properly run future new games at playable settings before it physically dies. As an example, A friend has an old Windows PC, from 1997, I think, that still works. The hardware still functions perfectly, but the PC is nearly unusable now due to how much tech has advanced around the hardware.

The exception to this is manufacturers error, or if the parts were/are mistreated. Extreme overheating or a bad PSU can cause one to die, like another friend on mine. He bought a GTX 1050 I had used for 2 years, with no issues. His prebuilt that he put the GPU into had a very weak, poorly made PSU, and poor airflow case with little ventilation. The GPU died in 3 months. Take care of your components, and they will usually outlast their useful lifespan.

Reactions: Shange and RagedAPE
Solution

InvalidError

Titan
Unless cards have a design, manufacturing or material defect, you can expect them to last 10+ years with little more than a properly working PSU and environment-appropriate cleaning schedule. I clean filters on my case 3-4 times a year and take my whole PC outside to blow dust out with compressed air once a year. My only component that has died in the past ~10 years is a 1TB WD Blue HDD.

Reactions: Shange

TRENDING THREADS