[SOLVED] How long will my components still last, regardless they are still working now.

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
When I first chose my main components ie: PSU & GPU for my pc, I found the reviews here on Tom's Hardware Forums, well going by that these parts are still running in my pc now.
[SOLVED] - High Power GPU and PSU. | Tom's Hardware Forum (tomshardware.com)

Does anybody think the PSU will last for another GPU upgrade, does the wattage difference affect how a PSU's lifespan goes?

I'd suppose there's no way of knowing if a new unit will perform on par with the current.

Last edited:
Solution
Not last, Perform.

Perform, and giving mind blowing performance, since there are not few games on pc that warrant playing.
Impossible to predict.
Your personal needs ans expectations change over time.
Future game requirements change over time, and no one knows what a AAA game may require 3 years from now.
My major parts are from 2016. They have over 30,000 hours of use.

They are working as well as they ever did.

They could die in the next 30 seconds.

Any answer would be nothing but speculation.

If you bought something new on Monday, it could fail on Tuesday.

Most parts are replaced before they fail. I suspect I will replace most of mine soon. I'll tell myself it's because newer stuff is "faster" or "better", but I could regret it quickly if I have trouble.

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
They are working as well as they ever did.

Most parts are replaced before they fail. I suspect I will replace most of mine soon. I'll tell myself it's because newer stuff is "faster" or "better", but I could regret it quickly if I have trouble.

Right, surely. I'd went for stability and lifespan along with the specs for the money, in that order.

So if parts are replaced before they fail, the reason for upgrading can't be determined by longlivity and stability of currently running components which are only to be upgraded if the above mentioned are present in my opinion.

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
Impossible to predict.
Your personal needs ans expectations change over time.
Future game requirements change over time, and no one knows what a AAA game may require 3 years from now.

Games will require players to play them, hopefully games , because they are pc games will still remain graphically configurable by the gamer about to play it.

And different levels of performance ought to be had by settings.