[SOLVED] How long will my Dell SE2717H monitor last with 75Hz OC ?

Giant Hunger

Respectable
Jun 23, 2021
So i just recently oc my monitor from 60hz to 75hz and i wonder how long would it last. Ive been using this monitor for 4 years, now that ive oc my monitor to 75 hz, how long would it last?
my monitor: se2717h

Solution
So i just recently oc my monitor from 60hz to 75hz and i wonder how long would it last. Ive been using this monitor for 4 years, now that ive oc my monitor to 75 hz, how long would it last?

Hey there,

I've kinda already explained this to you in another thread. You can't really tell how the lifespan will be reduced. There is no formula or hard and fast rule to it.

So it could be another 3 years or 2.5 years. Then again, it may not impact at all. Either way, 1080p 60hz monitors are so cheap nowadays, it's an easy replace. In the meantime, you get the benefit (a small one at that) of running faster hz/fps than stock settings.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I have my BenQ 1080p 60hz monitor running our...

Hey there,

I've kinda already explained this to you in another thread. You can't really tell how the lifespan will be reduced. There is no formula or hard and fast rule to it.

So it could be another 3 years or 2.5 years. Then again, it may not impact at all. Either way, 1080p 60hz monitors are so cheap nowadays, it's an easy replace. In the meantime, you get the benefit (a small one at that) of running faster hz/fps than stock settings.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I have my BenQ 1080p 60hz monitor running our of spec at 75hz for 3 years without any issues at all. You've nothing really to be concerned about.

If you find at any stage there are issues, simply reset the resolution to 60hz and the monitor will continue to run fine.

Reactions: Giant Hunger
Solution

Giant Hunger

Respectable
Jun 23, 2021
Hey there,

As I mentioned in the other thread, I have my BenQ 1080p 60hz monitor running our of spec at 75hz for 3 years without any issues at all. You've nothing really to be concerned about.

If you find at any stage there are issues, simply reset the resolution to 60hz and the monitor will continue to run fine.
Thanks man i appreciate for your reply

Giant Hunger

Respectable
Jun 23, 2021
Hey there,

Btw if i lower my resolution down to 720p or 420p do you think i could get 100hz?

TRENDING THREADS