How long will my i5 2500K last ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Even now in 2015 the i5 2500k is a fantastic quad core chip (all the intel quad cores since sandybridge are fantastic gaming cpu's) and unless you want something for intensive video editing i would stick with the i5 2500k. To answer your question directly, NO, it shouldn't bottleneck the gtx970, the only bottleneck will be if you don't have sufficient memory.

My advise would be to stick with your current cpu for at least a couple more years as upgrading now for gaming purposes would be pointless. You could always upgrade the memory you use and motherboard but broadly speaking the graphics card and memory the the key components for gaming and the i5 2500k even at stock speeds is more than sufficient for gaming.

ilicalek

Reputable
Jul 20, 2014
In most of the the games you won't get any CPU bottlenecks even on stock. If your i5 is overclocked that would only prove my point more. It is hard to say when will the time for upgrade come, as it is hard to predict the future and future-proofing is not really a good way of thinking. Enjoy your hardware now, think about the future when the time comes

EdwardBurrows

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015
Even now in 2015 the i5 2500k is a fantastic quad core chip (all the intel quad cores since sandybridge are fantastic gaming cpu's) and unless you want something for intensive video editing i would stick with the i5 2500k. To answer your question directly, NO, it shouldn't bottleneck the gtx970, the only bottleneck will be if you don't have sufficient memory.

My advise would be to stick with your current cpu for at least a couple more years as upgrading now for gaming purposes would be pointless. You could always upgrade the memory you use and motherboard but broadly speaking the graphics card and memory the the key components for gaming and the i5 2500k even at stock speeds is more than sufficient for gaming.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS