[SOLVED] How long will my setup last?

Nicholas_

Reputable
Dec 18, 2016
Hi,this is a very general question but I am just wondering how long my setup can keep up with new & upcoming games for 1080/1440p 60+ fps.I currently have the following:

Motherboard:B150M Bazooka Plus
CPU: i5 6600
GPU:GTX 1070
RAM:16 GB DDR4 (2133mhz)
Storage: 2TB HDD
How long can this keep up with new games and what parts will need to be replaced first(and for what)?

Thank you

Solution
You might find yourself CPU bound already. 4C/4T can already be limiting in todays newest most demanding games. Everything else looks good though you could use an SSD. You might want to consider updating the bios and getting a 6700/7700. K might be worth it though you can't OC on the B150 board. I wouldn't spend much on that new CPU either.
The GPU is still pretty solid, and shouldn't need upgrading for a while. The CPU on the other hand is already starting to show its age, especially in multiplayer titles. For 1080 it should still perform ok, for a lot of games. But if you're interested in multiplayer like bfv or cod, you'll need more cores.

Real question is, are you actually experiencing any problems? If not, not necessary to upgrade until you are feeling lag or bad fps.

4745454b

Titan
You might find yourself CPU bound already. 4C/4T can already be limiting in todays newest most demanding games. Everything else looks good though you could use an SSD. You might want to consider updating the bios and getting a 6700/7700. K might be worth it though you can't OC on the B150 board. I wouldn't spend much on that new CPU either.

Solution