How long would these parts last?

SnowMare

Commendable
Aug 21, 2016
How long would these last me?

1.) EVGA SuperNOVA 750 B2, 80+ BRONZE 750W
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KFAFRW6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2.) i5 4590
3.) z97x ud3h Gigabyte motherboard? (yes i know its for OC)
4.) rx 470 or 480 nitro+
5.) Corsair sp120 fan
6.) 212 evo cpu cooler
7.) WD black 1tb hdd
8.) Samsung 750 evo 250gb ssd

how many years should i expect these components to be good for before i replace?

Note: im not a heavy gamer, motly use for school and run some 3d modeling programs, lets say i will use it for 15 hrs a day or something

Solution

Gaming is certainly a culprit, but there is something more mundane that everybody uses that will render your machine obsolete before it breaks, WEB PAGES. They get more complex, more graphics, more video blah-blah, the new (infamous) Flash plug-in always take advantage of the latest graphic processors, so if you have an older machine without such graphic acceleration, the new web page will run slower and slower.

So my answer to you is same as above, your components won't break, they will get obsolete before.

Now if you tell me you don't game, you don't do internet and all you do is run this ONE App and never update it, it should last 10+ years as long as you vacuum it once in a while, and your AC is decent, but once...

SnowMare

Commendable
Aug 21, 2016

all of them? i was looking for an estimate for each component or something, trying to save as much as possible.
was planning to switch out near broken components when their time came

NO.

When people ask this question, they mean how slow will the machine run against newer and more demanding software to the point when it's so slow, is unusable.

Electronics don't break, they just get obsolete. HD, expect it to fail right after warranty over ^)

SnowMare

Commendable
Aug 21, 2016

not gaming wise but how long would my components be good for (forget the gpu) i wont be a gamerr anyways

for example, how long would a corsair sp120 fan be good for?
how long would my i5 4590 be good for?
etc

i plan to build a new pc in 4-5 years so i need to know which parts i can use for the future build to save some cash

Gaming is certainly a culprit, but there is something more mundane that everybody uses that will render your machine obsolete before it breaks, WEB PAGES. They get more complex, more graphics, more video blah-blah, the new (infamous) Flash plug-in always take advantage of the latest graphic processors, so if you have an older machine without such graphic acceleration, the new web page will run slower and slower.

So my answer to you is same as above, your components won't break, they will get obsolete before.

Now if you tell me you don't game, you don't do internet and all you do is run this ONE App and never update it, it should last 10+ years as long as you vacuum it once in a while, and your AC is decent, but once again, that HD is gonna die no matter what.

Solution

SnowMare

Commendable
Aug 21, 2016

i been using laptops all my life, this my my first pc and the one im building is like 10 times faster, so im ok with slow downs because my laptops are slow as it is (again the laptops i used were shit). besides im running chrome (most used app) on a ssd, so it wont be as slow, but ya i guess it will be time to upgrade in like 4 years or so