Question How long would this last me?

Aug 12, 2022
Hi everyone.
I'm nearly done building my first pc but was wondering how good it is and if I would need to upgrade anything in the near future. I'm mainly using it to play games, but even then they won't be very demanding. (Heavily modded skyrim, dark souls, sort of mid tier games in terms of quality I guess.) I'll mainly be playing 1080p, or 1440p if I can. Definitely nothing even close to 4K.

• Ryzen 5 2600X with stock cooler.
  • Either GTX 1070, 1080, or 1660 super, I'm not sure.
  • Asrock B450 Pro4 Motherboard.
  • Kingston FURY Beast 16GB 3200MHz DDR4
  • GameMax GM600 600W Semi-Modular 80+ Bronze PSU
  • Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD
  • WD Blue 500GB SSD
  • I've also got 4 case fans. Artic P12 I think.
  • Windows 10 Pro.

Sorry for the dumb question, I'm kinda new to this.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Gamemax is a rebrand of SoHoo Technologies, a computer peripherals company in China. That's all the info there is. The fact that the GM-1050 is only Silver rated would leave me to believe it's a far older platform re-purposed for higher power, but nothing really done to improve the psu, except to add rgb fan, because that makes things much better, improves performance, makes maximum fps, becomes totally reliable.

Aug 12, 2022
Gamemax is a rebrand of SoHoo Technologies, a computer peripherals company in China. That's all the info there is. The fact that the GM-1050 is only Silver rated would leave me to believe it's a far older platform re-purposed for higher power, but nothing really done to improve the psu, except to add rgb fan, because that makes things much better, improves performance, makes maximum fps, becomes totally reliable.
Funnily enough the psu is the only thing besides the gpu I haven't ordered yet. Would you mind recommending me a better one? Oh, and which gpu would fit best with my cpu?

Aug 12, 2022
Do you have a link to the vendor from which you might buy a PSU?

GPU would depend on required tasks....what games at what settings probably. And budget for it.
got my cpu from here and will probably get a psu as well when i decide PC Components | Latest Computer Parts | CCL (cclonline.com)
Gpu wise i'd say around £200-£300-ish depending on if i can find a good deal or not. For games I'd hypothetically say Skyrim on ultra. As long as fps isn't super low I'm not that fussed about passing 60.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
2600x shouldn't have any issues hitting 60fps. But skyrim fps depends heavily on what mods are run. With 170 4k/8k mods, including hdt-smp with all of its physX requirements and 4k DSR I still get 60fps solid with a 2070Super and 3700x at maxed ultra. There's really not that much demand on gpu, it's a lot more cpu intense as you add mods, really only enbs and other post processing affects affect gpu heavily.

Ar558

Proper
Dec 13, 2022
Hi everyone.
I'm nearly done building my first pc but was wondering how good it is and if I would need to upgrade anything in the near future. I'm mainly using it to play games, but even then they won't be very demanding. (Heavily modded skyrim, dark souls, sort of mid tier games in terms of quality I guess.) I'll mainly be playing 1080p, or 1440p if I can. Definitely nothing even close to 4K.

• Ryzen 5 2600X with stock cooler.
  • Either GTX 1070, 1080, or 1660 super, I'm not sure.
  • Asrock B450 Pro4 Motherboard.
  • Kingston FURY Beast 16GB 3200MHz DDR4
  • GameMax GM600 600W Semi-Modular 80+ Bronze PSU
  • Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD
  • WD Blue 500GB SSD
  • I've also got 4 case fans. Artic P12 I think.
  • Windows 10 Pro.
Sorry for the dumb question, I'm kinda new to this.

I would have thought you should be fine at 1080p for a couple of years at least but 1440p could start to get challenging depending on your settings and FPS expectations. If you continue to use the same games though it shouldn't change it's only if you start to play newer stuff you will really run into issues.