[SOLVED] how make games use nvidia card card by default instead of intel hd?

hddtosdd

Prominent
Mar 6, 2020
1)) on a laptop, how do you make ALL games use nvidia card instead of intel hd in one easy step? (i hate computers, cant even do the most simple of things)

i wasnt able to find a comprehensive source when googling around, but maybe you'd know of a helpful one one option seems to use the 'nvidia control panel' but nothing comes up when i search it on w10

2) what makes a game use the nvidia card or intel hd?

3) and what is the purpose of a laptop having both nvidia card and intel hd? is it a good or bad thing?

w10

Last edited:
Solution
since you're the only person so far that said one of the options to ' how make games use nvidia card card by default instead of intel hd?'

by way of nvidia control panel, i had already said in op of how do i access it? since i cant

you also said we can right click the app and choose nvidia, what do you mean by that exactly? cos right clicking an app doesnt lead to choosing a gpu
That means that you installed drivers that broke the default set up of the laptop.
You can use DDU to uninstall both the intel and nvidia drivers and then only install what the laptop maker gives you.

Or you can use windows graphics settings,just type in graphics on the search bar,select each game you want to play and select high performance to use...

hddtosdd

Prominent
Mar 6, 2020

since you're the only person so far that said one of the options to ' how make games use nvidia card card by default instead of intel hd?'

by way of nvidia control panel, i had already said in op of how do i access it? since i cant

you also said we can right click the app and choose nvidia, what do you mean by that exactly? cos right clicking an app doesnt lead to choosing a gpu

That means that you installed drivers that broke the default set up of the laptop.
You can use DDU to uninstall both the intel and nvidia drivers and then only install what the laptop maker gives you.

Or you can use windows graphics settings,just type in graphics on the search bar,select each game you want to play and select high performance to use nvidia or power saving for intel.
Ka87GNV.jpg

Solution

hddtosdd

Prominent
Mar 6, 2020
installed drivers that broke the default set up of the l

i didnt install anything

the nvida control pan still shows on bottom right if you restart pc

so that means this 'installed drivers that broke the default set up of the' isnt the case

after you acess nvidal control pan what do you do to 'make all games use nvidia not intel' ?

or how to reach this goal: 'make all games use nvidia not intel'

hddtosdd

Prominent
Mar 6, 2020
solution was something with the drivers in how it came installed

uninstall, clean install done

since drivers are among the common problems i guess? i feel that ppl that know bout computer stuff should've known this, and been able to help effectively

since drivers are among the common problems i guess? i feel that ppl that know bout computer stuff should've known this, and been able to help effectively
Ok nobody can figure out that the laptop-maker himself made a bad driver or installed it wrong,
especially since you thought that people that know about computer stuff should be able to guess this info without even knowing the laptop model.