How many amps does the ANTEC VP-450 have on the 12v rail

Solution
VP450 has 18A dual rail 12V meaning combined amps of 36A of combined current, just make sure you plug them into the right rails tho, if you plug them in to the same 12V rail youll only have 18A. (http://store.antec.com/vpseries/vp450.html). GTX750Ti requires 20A combined, so if you plug from both 12V rails youll definitely have no problem running it :). i.e. one 6pin pcie plug from each rail.

drxuess

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2015
VP450 has 18A dual rail 12V meaning combined amps of 36A of combined current, just make sure you plug them into the right rails tho, if you plug them in to the same 12V rail youll only have 18A. (http://store.antec.com/vpseries/vp450.html). GTX750Ti requires 20A combined, so if you plug from both 12V rails youll definitely have no problem running it :). i.e. one 6pin pcie plug from each rail.

Solution

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
depending on the rest of the specs of the pc, the best card you could use with that psu would be the new gtx 960. it uses the 1 6 pin connector you have and is low power enough to work with that psu.

a basic, non oc'ed system would have no issues running the 960 with that psu. to put this into perspective i have a r9-270 running on an old pc with a 375w psu with the same 2 x 18 amp 12v rails and that gpu uses about 140w or so vs the 960 using about 120w.

what are the rest of the specs? if your specs are pretty basic (non oc cpu, mobo, coupld hdd's) then should be no issues.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador

the psu only has 1 6 pin so no worry about overloading one rail. and 20 amps is 20*12 = 240w. the 750ti would use 60-70w normal and maybe 90w with a super oc'ed ftw edition at max clock. maybe 5-7 amps total for the card.no where close to 20 amps.

amtseung

Distinguished
The Antec VP450 is a super solid unit, and if you distribute the load correctly, it'll run without fault. I've owned one for 4 years, and I've abused the living crap out of it for 3 of its years, pushing nearly 500W at times through those two 12v/18a rails. I personally ran a massively overclocked and water cooled HD7950 (bios flashed to an HD 7970) off of my VP450 for 2 years, and that PSU has outlived my graphics card. A 750ti sips power more daintily than a stereotypical British granny at tea time compared to the 325W+ power draw I was demanding for my 7950. Even after all the abuse its been through, I permanently loaned it to a friend of mine, personally vouching for its reliability.

TL;DR: You'll be fine. Just use all the right power plugs, and be sure to use a surge protector. It's about as good a practice as using a condom.