Question How many ARGB Fans can i connect to my 3 pin header?

vpcegi5

Reputable
Jan 30, 2016
Hi, I have a TUF GAMING x570 Plus (Wi-Fi) motherboard. I am wondering how many fans can I connect to my 3 pin header? Right now I have 4 fans connected (3 front intake fans & 1 exhaust fan -All 120mm). I am planning to buy an AIO 360 ARGB. Is it safe to connect all 7 argb fans to my one 3 pin header using splitter?

vpcegi5

Reputable
Jan 30, 2016
If on average one a argb fan is around 0.16A. 7 fans would be around 1.12A so the single 3 pin header is not enough. Any suggestions on what i could do so i could connect all the 7 fans to my motherboard?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I take back what I said earlier! It's either 2 or 3A for A/RGB headers. You need to check with the motherboard manufacturer to be sure.
The OTHER headers are 1A, except for the AIO headers, which are 2A. They're not for plugging in LEDs though, so don't do it.

Any idea how many amp there is in a stock argb fans that comes with a case?
It would vary by make and model. For example, this model runs 0.21A, so 9 or 14 of these could be run on the motherboard's ARGB header - if that were physically possible...
This fancy model runs a whopping 1.4A, so that means just 1 or 2 fans.

Reactions: vpcegi5

vpcegi5

Reputable
Jan 30, 2016
I take back what I said earlier! It's either 2 or 3A for A/RGB headers. You need to check with the motherboard manufacturer to be sure.
The OTHER headers are 1A, except for the AIO headers, which are 2A. They're not for plugging in LEDs though, so don't do it.

It would vary by make and model. For example, this model runs 0.21A, so 9 or 14 of these could be run on the motherboard's ARGB header - if that were physically possible...
This fancy model runs a whopping 1.4A, so that means just 1 or 2 fans.
Thanks! It's very clear now. All i need to know now is how many Amp can my 3pin header handle

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Negative. It's not stated in their own site for whatever reason.

I found a pic of the back with the model number 'apa1225m12' shown, but it links me to non-LED Silverstone and Enermax fans.
The other thing I was able to gather is that those fans are supplied by the OEM of the cooler, which is Apaltek.

Reactions: vpcegi5
May 28, 2020
Hi, I have a TUF GAMING x570 Plus (Wi-Fi) motherboard. I am wondering how many fans can I connect to my 3 pin header? Right now I have 4 fans connected (3 front intake fans & 1 exhaust fan -All 120mm). I am planning to buy an AIO 360 ARGB. Is it safe to connect all 7 argb fans to my one 3 pin header using splitter?

Pick up an aRGB controller (or two), which is powered by SATA.
Get a 3:1 aRGB male to female splitter cable.
Connect the single end to the mobo and the other two to the controllers.
Currently using said config to power and light 7x aRGB fans, 2x aRGB led strips and 2x inbuilt case aRBG strips.

Controller Link (available as a pack): https://mdcomputers.in/antec-prizm-120-argb-3-2-c.html?search=antec controller&category_id=0
Splitter Link: https://mdcomputers.in/cooler-master-1-to-3-argb-splitter-mfx-awhn-3nnn1-r1.html

These links may not be available in your country, but you'll get an idea of the product.

Pick up an aRGB controller (or two), which is powered by SATA.

Which is what I said earlier. You've voted down everybody else's answers as well, which helps nobody.

I'm sure that made you feel quite superior, but it seems you have a bit to learn about posting around here. Also, you've dug up a two month old thread just to get your response in. If anyone is going to do that, it'd be the OP to provide an update, not you to promote the kit you purchased.