[SOLVED] How many basic fittings do I need?

MoreMoneyThanSense

Reputable
Aug 4, 2019
I am trying to plan parts for a custom loop, hard tube.

I know I need two compression fittings per component, so 2 for each of: CPU, GPU, 3 radiators, pump/res combo (D5 Next, Heatkiller Tube 200 with multiport top), so that's 12 fittings.

Do I need to get any more than this? How many should I get?

Solution
Depends on how the tubing bends will go. A few additional fittings here and there might save you a lot of complex bends.

Really not possible to say until you sit down and try building it. You can plan as much as possible since you know the components list and where you want them to go. But when you sit down to do it something is likely to come up that you didn't anticipate. If you are going for minimum fitting count, buy extra tube for potential mistakes.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Depends on how the tubing bends will go. A few additional fittings here and there might save you a lot of complex bends.

Really not possible to say until you sit down and try building it. You can plan as much as possible since you know the components list and where you want them to go. But when you sit down to do it something is likely to come up that you didn't anticipate. If you are going for minimum fitting count, buy extra tube for potential mistakes.

Solution