Question How many bubbles are too much in an AIO?

Trustdesa

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2013
Hi Guys,

I have installed in my H400 (love that case) a Deepcool 240mm Pro, amazing looking cooler and it works like a charm on my i7 8700k @ 4.9ghz, however moving the case around now the pump makes some noises due of air bubbles; tonight I see if I can position the radiator a bit higher on the front panel somehow as I read it helps to solve the problem, however as this cooler has a glass pipe on the pump I see that the air is quite a bit as I can see it flowing when tilting the computer to make it leave the pump and to be honest I could hear air from the beginning although not in the pump.

Is there any "how much air is too much"? As I bought it is fulfilled by Amazon I can return it and get another unit, in case this one was not filled enough, however it seems a common thing with any water cooler.

Any suggestion from the water cooler expert is much appreciated as there was quite a bit of air in it.

I was also considering a simple kit at around £150 as I only water cool my CPU however the Deepcool 240 pro is really a performer so it would be a shame.

Last edited:

Trustdesa

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2013
Thanks, well I cannot invert the radiator as the Deepcool has quite short pipes and the pump really fits only one way due of space on my mobo and glass pipe coming out of the block, however I can try to push the radiator a bit higher compared with the CPU, at this stage they are nearly on the same line really.