[SOLVED] How many case fans can I plug into my motherboard and if possible can the be plugged into my power supply instead?

Tackwood

Commendable
Jan 2, 2020
Hello. About 3 years ago I bought a prebuild cyberpower pc, but over time i have replaced every component except for the case and the power supply. I was planning on buying the NZXT H510 , because as far as I'm concerned it is a pretty solid case. On top of this I was going to buy a 3-pack of Corsair AF120 to add to the case. Unfortunately I am unsure if my motherboard will support the 3 fans. Currently I only have 2 case fans. Neither of them are plugged into my motherboard so I'm going to assume that they're plugged into my power supply? My current motherboard is a Gigabyte A320M-S2H-CF. Will this motherboard support the 3 case fans or can I plug all 3 into my powersupply?

Thank you for your time,

Tackwood

Solution
Your mobo has 2 fan headers. You can use a 2-way fan splitter off of each header to give you 4 fans. MOST fan headers support 1amp, so depending on the fans used, even a 3-way fan splitter is usually possible.
51WRb%2Bl5OOL._AC_SY355_.jpg

Tackwood

Commendable
Jan 2, 2020
Your mobo has 2 fan headers. You can use a 2-way fan splitter off of each header to give you 4 fans. MOST fan headers support 1amp, so depending on the fans used, even a 3-way fan splitter is usually possible.
51WRb%2Bl5OOL._AC_SY355_.jpg

Thank you! If I buy the 3-pack of fans will it come with a splitter or do i need to buy that separately.