[SOLVED] How many cooling fans can i have in my system??

Jul 6, 2021
I have the current components :
H110M-S2PT
16GB ram
gtx 1660
PSU : FSP HEXA+ 550W (80 silver)
and my case is the gigabyte C200 glass case. link to the case : https://www.gigabyte.com/Chassis/GB-C200G#kf

So i just learned my motherboard has only 1 System fan connector and 1 CPU fan connector and i have an intake fan that is connected through a big 4 pin cable to my PSU.
My question is how many fans can i still install in my pc ?? in case i needed to buy a good cooling 3 fan bundle or something for the front of the case. the case from the front as well has a panel which has the power button connected to and the rgb lights and the other buttons. yet i can see other places to connect stuff (All are 4 pins) are these fan locations to connect ? i am confused. :(

Solution
My GPU in my old case used to go up to 84C. i bought 1 (Sadly cheap) intake fan and i put it right infront of the gpu. the temperature SOMEHOW lowered to 77C in the new case. hopefully with more fans (Good ones) the temps will drop even more.
You'll notice a point of diminishing returns putting fans in the front panel of your case. It's all about opening area that air can flow through (CFM and static pressure capabilities of the fans), and there isn't much there. With an average amount of static pressure capability from the fans, they'll only be able to suck a certain amount of CFM through a given opening.

1 fan is a good idea. 2 fans probably won't improve much over 1 fan, but you could choose to run 2 fans at a lower rpm...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
If by 4-pin you mean the large connectors coming from the power supply, they are normally called Molex connectors. It was the standard for hard drives and optical drives, and large floppy drives, in the original ATX specification. Yes, you can plug fans into them, up to the limit of your power supply. One fan per connector is fine.

H110 is a cheaper design, generally one system fan is what most OEM computers will have, a rear exhaust.

Jul 6, 2021
If by 4-pin you mean the large connectors coming from the power supply, they are normally called Molex connectors. It was the standard for hard drives and optical drives, and large floppy drives, in the original ATX specification. Yes, you can plug fans into them, up to the limit of your power supply. One fan per connector is fine.

H110 is a cheaper design, generally one system fan is what most OEM computers will have, a rear exhaust.

My rear exhaust is connected to my system fan connector yes. but in the front panel of my case it has like a really small motherboard that has cables connected to it and some other free spaces (Around 3) that has the exact same look as the system fan connector on the motherboard , i am guessing these are fan connectors as well ? hopefully they are :/ i can send a picture if you're confused

I can tell you straight away that you're going to have a hard time getting good airflow through the front panel. The front is glass, and those side "vents" are comically restrictive. Look to get high static pressure fans if you're going to use them as intake in this case.

Jul 6, 2021
There's a RGB switch button on the front/top of the case. The hub you're talking about may be an RGB hub. If the front fan(s) are RGB, there will be 2 cables coming from each fan. A cable to spin the fan, and a cable to control the RGB.

The thing is the power button is connected to the same hub. and the RGB cables all have like 2 spikes to connect the rgb cables to. but i can see ones that have 4 spikes or connectors that look exactly like fan ones. Can i take a picture for you ?

Jul 6, 2021
I can tell you straight away that you're going to have a hard time getting good airflow through the front panel. The front is glass, and those side "vents" are comically restrictive. Look to get high static pressure fans if you're going to use them as intake in this case.

My GPU in my old case used to go up to 84C. i bought 1 (Sadly cheap) intake fan and i put it right infront of the gpu. the temperature SOMEHOW lowered to 77C in the new case. hopefully with more fans (Good ones) the temps will drop even more.

You'll notice a point of diminishing returns putting fans in the front panel of your case. It's all about opening area that air can flow through (CFM and static pressure capabilities of the fans), and there isn't much there. With an average amount of static pressure capability from the fans, they'll only be able to suck a certain amount of CFM through a given opening.

1 fan is a good idea. 2 fans probably won't improve much over 1 fan, but you could choose to run 2 fans at a lower rpm and achieve the same CFM (airflow) with slightly quieter operation. 3 fans probably won't show any improvement over 2. The side vents where the air flows in are simply too restrictive for the fans to suck 3 fans worth of air through.

Solution
Jul 6, 2021

1 fan is a good idea. 2 fans probably won't improve much over 1 fan, but you could choose to run 2 fans at a lower rpm and achieve the same CFM (airflow) with slightly quieter operation. 3 fans probably won't show any improvement over 2. The side vents where the air flows in are simply too restrictive for the fans to suck 3 fans worth of air through.

How about the top of the case ?? would that show any improvement as intake fans ? or are they designed to blow out from the top ? also i just saw a video comparing the case with 1 intake fan then 2 then 3 (without the top fans) and 1 fan showed 5 to 10C improvement
2 fans showed 14C improvement
Then 3 aorus fans were used and it improved it by like..18C.
Not much of a big difference i know but better safe than sorry.

Thanks for your answer ! but my question was for the small motherboard behind my front case panel. it has openings as if they were for fans so i was wondering if i could use that for fans in the future or not.