[SOLVED] How many cores can I overclock to 5GHZ with a 560mm radiator before it overheats?

brennan1452

Prominent
Mar 28, 2019
I'm looking to buy an Intel X Series CPU, and want to know how limited I am in terms of cooling. The CPU will have one 560mm radiator completely to itself, and the rad will be running in push/pull. Assume there will be 8 fans all running at 1300RPM.

How many cores all running at 5GHZ can a 560 handle before I have to start worrying about heat? I'm looking to buy an Intel X Series CPU, and want to know how limited I am in terms of cooling.

Thanks.

Solution
How high you can oc any processor will depend on your luck in getting a good quality chip.

An air cooler, unlike ln2 cooling starts with the ambient temperature and goes up from there.
Yes, a 560 radiator is still air cooling, the only difference is where the heat exchange takes place.
Your limit will be the voltage level you will tolerate.
What X suffix processor are you thinking of?
Today, you might be able to do 5.3 with a i9-9900K or a i9-10900K
If budget is of any concern, lesser cost options can still game very well.
How high you can oc any processor will depend on your luck in getting a good quality chip.

An air cooler, unlike ln2 cooling starts with the ambient temperature and goes up from there.
Yes, a 560 radiator is still air cooling, the only difference is where the heat exchange takes place.
Your limit will be the voltage level you will tolerate.
What X suffix processor are you thinking of?
Today, you might be able to do 5.3 with a i9-9900K or a i9-10900K
If budget is of any concern, lesser cost options can still game very well.

Solution