[SOLVED] How many difference FPS are there between a desktop and laptop GPU?

Nov 29, 2019
Hello everyone,
I recently bought a gaming laptop, and I wondered how many FPS there are differences between, for example, a GTX 1650 desktop and a GTX 1650 laptop (obviously without Max-Q design).
Thank you,
R.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Hello everyone,
I recently bought a gaming laptop, and I wondered how many FPS there are differences between, for example, a GTX 1650 desktop and a GTX 1650 laptop (obviously without Max-Q design).
Thank you,
R.

Hi @RaffaeleBdN

Here is a benchmark between those 2.

Edit - LOL @helpstar - Great minds think alike. I no sooner pressed "Post" and I saw your reply come through with the exact same info. :)

DSzymborski

Titan
For the 1650s, it ought not be a huge difference. Quality GPUs have gotten power-friendly enough that laptop versions of GPUs are far closer to the desktop parts than in the past, many recent ones almost identical but for a tweaking downward of the clocks.

I don’t know if this applies to the GTX 1650 but I’ve seen reviews where 2 laptops running the same gpu perform very differently. The performance can be significantly impacted by the thermal and power abilities of the specific laptop. I would say with laptops it is essential to find reviews of the specific model you are considering.