[SOLVED] How many exaust/intake fans do I need to properly cool off the case?

fragment0

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2015
Hi people,

I have 3 fans in my case and from what I believe, they are all exaust fans as it looks like the sticker/label on all of them is pointing outside of the case which leads me to think that they are all set up as exhaust (its a pre-built pc) (correct me if im wrong though). Those are cheap coolermaster once.

image.jpg

After doing some reasearch im hearing my case should have some intakes, but im now not sure if I need both of those on the right of the picture to act as intakes (i think i would just need to swap them around and that would be an intake fan), and just make the rear/back fan on the lef side of the picture to act as exaust. To me this woudl be ideal, but im not a pro and not too sure.

The back fan im gonna be using (on the left) is gonna be this noctua NF-F12 https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00650P2ZC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But gonna be keeping those other 2 once the same. Also, in case it matters, my CPU cooler will be this Noctua NH-U9S https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00TBHYYFK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So with that said im wondering if i shoudl maybe only have one intake fan out of those two on the right (either top or bottom one), or make both as intakes, and keep noctua nf 12 as a single exust.

Im not sure, but would appreciate suggestions. Thank you

So with that said im wondering if i shoudl maybe only have one intake fan out of those two on the right (either top or bottom one), or make both as intakes, and keep noctua nf 12 as a single exust.
What pc case is that? Can you make another photo from front and the other side?
Are there openings behind those 2 fans in the enclosure?

Generally it is recommended to have a larger intake fan 200mm for example (or couple smaller - 140,120mm) and smaller exhaust fan (120,140mm).

And intake fans absolutely need dust filters in front of them.

Reactions: fragment0

USAFRet

Titan
Please don't start a whole new thread for basically the same issue:

Reactions: fragment0

fragment0

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2015
What pc case is that? Can you make another photo from front and the other side?
Are there openings behind those 2 fans in the enclosure?

Generally it is recommended to have a larger intake fan 200mm for example (or couple smaller - 140,120mm) and smaller exhaust fan (120,140mm).

And intake fans absolutely need dust filters in front of them.

This is the case: "CYBERPOWERPC Onyxia Black Windowed Gaming Case "
This is the exact PC with pictures https://www.newegg.ca/p/N82E1688323...&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-

This is the top of the case where there isnt anything attached to that ventilation.

IMG-0431.jpg

This is the side of the case where those two fans are:

IMG-0430.jpg

The front doesnt have anything, just a solid metal/glass plate.

I appreciate the help pointing me in the right direction and what i should do with the fans or shoudl leve them as they are now.