[SOLVED] How many fans can I install

Solution
How many fans can I connect to Asus a320mk micro atx board
It's spec sheet says it has:
1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
1 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)

I would not be surprised if that the CPU fan connector is locked at +12V though; it is on my TUF B550 Gaming plus. I'd also want to attach only the CPU fan there as it's probably also monitored for failure by the BIOS.

So, with splitters, you could probably attach 2 to 3 fans on the 1 chassis fan header and control their speed. You might get away with more, especially if they're low-wattage fans, but not more than 1 or 2 more. So 3 to 5 total if pushing it.

I think it would be better to use a mix of quality low speed fans (so very quiet) and some controllable...
How many fans can I connect to Asus a320mk micro atx board
It's spec sheet says it has:
1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
1 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)

I would not be surprised if that the CPU fan connector is locked at +12V though; it is on my TUF B550 Gaming plus. I'd also want to attach only the CPU fan there as it's probably also monitored for failure by the BIOS.

So, with splitters, you could probably attach 2 to 3 fans on the 1 chassis fan header and control their speed. You might get away with more, especially if they're low-wattage fans, but not more than 1 or 2 more. So 3 to 5 total if pushing it.

I think it would be better to use a mix of quality low speed fans (so very quiet) and some controllable high speed fans. Attach the low speed fans, mounted at top and rear, directly to SATA power connectors with an adapter and they'll be fine. Then use the motherboard header to control the high speed fans, mounted front, and kick up airflow only when it gets hot.

Last edited:
Solution