[SOLVED] How many fans can i plug in an asus z490

Apr 26, 2021
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and wanted to be able to clear up some doubts about my motherboard before I accidentally burn it out.

A couple of weeks ago I bought an asus rog strix z490 e-gaming motherboard and four master masterfan mf120 halo fans to install on the board. and when installing the fans i realize i have two 4 pin fan inputs cha_fan1 and cha_fan2.
Basically what I had in mind was to connect 2 fans to a 3 splitter cable and connect them to cha_fan1. and the other 2 with another splitter wire from 3 to cha_fan2. I do not know if it will be a good idea or not because I think that if I connect the 3 fans to a chafan with its splitter cable it could overload and burn the input.
Any suggestions or help I would really appreciate because I really like this motherboard and these fans and I don't want to end up burning them out.

Last edited:
Solution
I have 2 doubts ??
The first one would be that if I connect 2 fans with the splitter cable it does not exceed the maximum of 1A on the fan_cha1 and 2.
And the other the splitter cable that comes with the masterfan box is enough to connect 2 fans or there is a better splitter cable.
sorry but I am totally ignorant of the fans issue :(
FAN RATED CURRENT 0.25A for each fan.
https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/case-fan/masterfan-mf120-halo/#specifications

As far as I know the fans don't include a splitter cable.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hola a todos, soy nuevo en el foro y quería poder aclarar algunas dudas sobre mi placa base antes de que la queme accidentalmente.

Hace un par de semanas compré una placa base asus rog strix z490 e-gaming y cuatro ventiladores master masterfan mf120 halo para instalar en la placa. y al instalar los ventiladores me doy cuenta de que tengo dos entradas de ventilador de 4 pines cha_fan1 y cha_fan2.
Básicamente, lo que tenía en mente era conectar 2 ventiladores a un cable divisor de 3 y conectarlos a cha_fan1. y los otros 2 con otro cable divisor de 3 a cha_fan2. No sé si será buena idea o no porque creo que si conecto los 3 ventiladores a un chafan con su cable divisor podría sobrecargar y quemar la entrada.
Cualquier sugerencia o ayuda lo agradecería mucho porque me gusta mucho esta placa base y estos ventiladores y no quiero terminar quemándolos.
That will work, make sure you get 4 pin splitter cables and one fan is hooked to the 4 pin plug on it.

Apr 26, 2021
That will work, make sure you get 4 pin splitter cables and one fan is hooked to the 4 pin plug on it.

I have 2 doubts ??
The first one would be that if I connect 2 fans with the splitter cable it does not exceed the maximum of 1A on the fan_cha1 and 2.
And the other the splitter cable that comes with the masterfan box is enough to connect 2 fans or there is a better splitter cable.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I have 2 doubts ??
FAN RATED CURRENT 0.25A for each fan.
https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/case-fan/masterfan-mf120-halo/#specifications

As far as I know the fans don't include a splitter cable.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS