How many files have I selected w/ Windows Explorer?

In earlier versions of Windows (98, ME, 2000) when I open Windows Explorer
the bottom of the window shows the number (& I think the file size too) of
files I have selected in the right window. In XP I don't have that bottom
section of the window like in earlier versions of the OS.

Can XP be configured to show how many files I have selected?

JeepsDad wrote:

>In earlier versions of Windows (98, ME, 2000) when I open Windows Explorer
>the bottom of the window shows the number (& I think the file size too) of
>files I have selected in the right window. In XP I don't have that bottom
>section of the window like in earlier versions of the OS.
>
>Can XP be configured to show how many files I have selected?

Windows Explorer --> View --> Status Bar

--
Reclaim Your Inbox!

JeepsDad wrote:
> In earlier versions of Windows (98, ME, 2000) when I open Windows Explorer
> the bottom of the window shows the number (& I think the file size too) of
> files I have selected in the right window. In XP I don't have that bottom
> section of the window like in earlier versions of the OS.
>
> Can XP be configured to show how many files I have selected?

Click View on the menu bar and make sure that Status Bar is checked.

gls858