How many fittings for petg tubing

Super_

Reputable
Sep 26, 2015
Hey, im new to watercooling but i understand just about everything that goes into it. but the one thing im shakey on is the fittings concept. i will be bending my tubing with a heat gun so, which saves. money as it rids the need of extra fittings, but i still do not know how many to buy and what kind. i should only need 90 degree ones but i need that confirmed. i will be doing this in the dark base 900 with a 420mm rad and a 240mm rad. 420 on top and 240 in the front. and also, if you know, i was wonfering if that case had a radiator mount built in. i would expect it but im still asking. ill be using a d5 thermaltake pump reservoir combo. thanks for any help

Solution
If you're using PETG, you need to be sure they are specifically listed for rigid tubing. Some are for soft tubing only. Also, CPU, GPU, Reservoir, Radiator, pump, ect. usually do not include fittings and need to be purchased separately. If they do include them, most are either barb style fittings or possibly soft tubing compression. Do you have a link to the fittings you are looking at?
Which fittings are you looking at in particular? I'd plan all your bends well in advance and draw up a plan of sorts to get a count of the fittings you need, and allow for some extra just in case. I'm using PETG myself, but these fittings themselves are not 90s. I'm using PrimoChill Rigid Revolver compression fittings for my tubing. These thread into separate Bitspower angled fittings, valves, ect. that are used in my loop. I'm not familiar with your case specifics, but the radiators should mount right to the screws holes that are normally used for the case fans themselves. I'd also recommend getting plenty of extra tubing as it's not that expensive, and be patient. It can get frustrating to get a bend just right to suit your needs. It's definitely worth it in my opinion when you're finished :)

Super_

Reputable
Sep 26, 2015

well i saw these 90 degree bitpower compression fittings, and i am trying to limit my fitting use to as low as possible, as im on a budget. i will also need compression fittings for my gpu and cpu. im not sure if rigid fittings are included.

If you're using PETG, you need to be sure they are specifically listed for rigid tubing. Some are for soft tubing only. Also, CPU, GPU, Reservoir, Radiator, pump, ect. usually do not include fittings and need to be purchased separately. If they do include them, most are either barb style fittings or possibly soft tubing compression. Do you have a link to the fittings you are looking at?

Solution