How many FPS would I get in these games with these components?

JustANewUser

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
The components are:
-Intel i5-3570K (quad-core)
-Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition (2GB VRAM)
-8GB (2x4GB) G.Skill Ares Series
-CPU Cooler: None. - I'd also like to ask if I need a CPU cooler for this PC if I'm not going to overclock, or if I could stay with stock cooler.
-Case Zalman Z12 Plus

And those are the most important components for gaming I guess... The rest are a Gigabyte motherboard, PSU SeaSonic, etc.

Resolution would be 1080p in a 22" monitor.

I'd want to know how many FPS would I get in these games, Minimum and Maximum.

-GTA: IV
-GTA: III
-GTA: VC
-GTA: SA
-Saints Row: The Third
-Saints Row: IV
-Left 4 Dead 2
-Minecraft
-Battlefield 4
-Counter-Strike: GO
-Battlefield 3
-Call of Duty: BO 2
-Call of Duty: MW3
-Call of Duty: MW2
-MAX PAYNE 3
-Skyrim
-PAYDAY 2
-NFS: Rivals

Also, can the PC play all the actual games in High or Ultra smoothly?

barto

Expert
Ambassador
I'm not going to comment on all of the games but the ones that are more taxing than the rest.

BF3 & Skyrim:
BF3 multiplayer is more taxing than single player. The review below shows the performance for BF3 in single player so you should expect a FPS drop when in multiplayer (10-15 fps drop most likely). Skyrim leans on the CPU more than the GPU so you'll have no problems maxing that game out (no mods).
http://www.anandtech.com/show/5691/the-retail-radeon-hd-7870-review-his-7870-iceq-turbo-powercolor-pcs-hd7870/3

BF4 single is similar to BF3 in terms of single vs multi, but overall more taxing. I don't think the 7870 will be able to handle Ultra very well. Here is a glimpse of what the performance was in the Beta which has changed a little.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/battlefield-4-graphics-card-performance,3634-8.html

GTA: I've read mixed results about these games. They are poorly optimized and performance can be a hit or miss.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7870-review-benchmark,3148-11.html

The rest should be relatively easy for your system.

Trave

Honorable
May 22, 2013
So many games,why not just go search in youtube or something?well in general I'm sure that you can play those games in high settings with 30+fps.

GTA IV is the baddest port games in PC ever IMO,so badly optimized.

JustANewUser

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
Hmm... In the review about BF4 it says that HD 7870 runs at 35 FPS, I guess that's smooth enough or would changing to Medium have a huge difference?

What's the minimum FPS you think it's smooth enough?

Do you think that this system (HD 7870 GHz Edition, i5-3570K, 8GB RAM) could play games from the last year at Ultra settings smoothly?

And the last question: would I need a cooler for the CPU and/or GPU if I'm not going to overclock them?

Wow, I knew GTA: IV was bad for PC, but not that much ;o... How about GTA: V, will it ever come out to PC? And do you think a HD 7870 GHz Edition would play it in High/Ultra at +40 FPS?

Trave: I haven't found some of them in YouTube.

Thank you so much!

Trave

Honorable
May 22, 2013
Generally 30FPS or higher is considered playable, but 60fps is the sweet-spot as it looks buttery-smooth.

With that rig you can,well it depends on the resolution and on the games.

About GTA V maybe it will be release the same time or later when the new consoles(PS4/XBOX1) get their copy,maybe on high you can.

kammem

Reputable
Mar 16, 2014
ok you can play bf4 on ultra with 30+fps 2xmsaa( if you want more fps try win 8.1) also you gpu equal to nvidia gtx660 . skyrim i dont know but probably enable high settings.other games such as gta l4d minecraft cod you can get more fps. game-debate.com can help you which games run smoothly on you rig

TRENDING THREADS