[SOLVED] How many GPU do i need in order to use 6 monitor as one for gaming

paktazh

Honorable
May 24, 2015
I got a pc with
GeForce® GTX 980

and 3 monitor i want to connect 6 monitor for surround gaming Do I have to get another GPU and doing SLI? or there another way
thanks

Last edited:
Solution
I do not even know if this will work but.....

Do your current monitor have Display Port?

Each Display Port should be able to drive 2 monitors (depending on the resolution). It will be an expensive setup cause if it works you will a need current top of the line GPU to drive such a huge amount of pixels with at least 3 independent display port . And thats if the games can be configured to work on 6 screens. I know most games can run on 3 monitors but never tested more than 3.

The bad thing about SLI and Surround is that its not supported by many games, and specially not the newer ones. I tried this at work when I build a Video Wall with 6 screens and 2 GTX 980 (I think it was 2015) and it did run 2013 Tomb Raider in a "decent" way...
my GPU is good it is GTX 980 but it does not give the option of 6 monitor like most of other GPU
You did not answer my questions.
GTX 980 was a very good card but it's not so much anymore with todays standards.Certainly not for 6 monitors.
it does not give the option of 6 monitor like most of other GPU
Almost no GPU offers 6 monitor support. Most offer 3-4.

paktazh

Honorable
May 24, 2015
i got evga 1000 g2 power supply
mostly play war thunder 1080 or 4k
i wont make new pc because of Crona i am broke but if i sli another 980 i will be able to get 6 monitor as one from this ? what GPU do u recommend thx

Last edited:

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
mostly play war thunder 1080 or 4k
i wont make new pc because of Crona i am broke but if i sli another 980 i will be able to get 6 monitor as one from this ? what GPU do u recommend thx

You can use 6 monitor outside games in SLI , but for games you cant.

for upto 16 monitors you will need nvidia Quadro cards

for 6 monitors , AMD Radeon Pro cards , like

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1521630-REG/amd_100_506085_radeon_pro_w5700_graphics.html

paktazh

Honorable
May 24, 2015
mostly play war thunder
i wont make new pc because of Crona i am broke but if i sli another 980 i will be able to get 6 monitor as one from this ?
You can use 6 monitor outside games in SLI , but for games you cant.

for upto 16 monitors you will need nvidia Quadro cards

for 6 monitors , AMD Radeon Pro cards , like

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1521630-REG/amd_100_506085_radeon_pro_w5700_graphics.html
But would i be able to install AMD Radeon Pro cards in intel x99 motherboard ??

I do not even know if this will work but.....

Do your current monitor have Display Port?

Each Display Port should be able to drive 2 monitors (depending on the resolution). It will be an expensive setup cause if it works you will a need current top of the line GPU to drive such a huge amount of pixels with at least 3 independent display port . And thats if the games can be configured to work on 6 screens. I know most games can run on 3 monitors but never tested more than 3.

The bad thing about SLI and Surround is that its not supported by many games, and specially not the newer ones. I tried this at work when I build a Video Wall with 6 screens and 2 GTX 980 (I think it was 2015) and it did run 2013 Tomb Raider in a "decent" way expanded to all 6 screens but that was it, the other game I tried did not work and it supported SLI according to developers.

Solution

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
in that case maybe i should buy the new LG 75 in Nano tv that will do the job what u think

it is a nice choice ... but get only the Nano series not the normal series if you want to game on LG.

this one

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1560621-REG/lg_75nano85una_nano85_75_class_hdr.html

also , dont get nano80 , get nano 85 , because it has 120hz refresh rate and supports ALLM and AMD freesync

https://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-75nano85una-4k-uhd-tv

Dont get any nano tv below 85 models , 85 and above (this is not the screen size, it is the model)