Question How many gpus can I connect with my PRIME H570-PLUS?

Oct 21, 2021
motherboard specs: asus prime h570-plus (It says max .x4 , does that mean I can only run 4gpus ? then why is there a 5th pcie slot?)
fwebp

I am currently running four rtx 3080ti via riser (all of them) on my two x16 pcie slot and two x1 pcie slot. The problem is if I connect my 5th gpu in the last x1 pcie slot it will not get detected ( even if I move the 5th gpu in 3rd slot, 4th and 5th slot) The first 4 gpus would get detected. It is really weird. Any inputs would be appreciated .

Last edited:
motherboard specs: asus prime h570-plus (It says max .x4 , does that mean I can only run 4gpus ? then why is there a 5th pcie slot?)
fwebp

I am currently running four rtx 3080ti via riser (all of them) on my two x16 pcie slot and two x1 pcie slot. The problem is if I connect my 5th gpu in the last x1 pcie slot it will not get detected ( even if I move the 5th gpu in 3rd slot, 4th and 5th slot) The first 4 gpus would get detected. It is really weird. Any inputs would be appreciated .
It's running out of PCIe lines.

Reactions: ueharajohji
Oct 21, 2021
Did I get the description "max x4 " correctly ? Does it really mean this motherboard can only use 4 pcie slots for gpu? may I ask what will be the purpose of the 5th pcie slot?

Oct 21, 2021
I tried tweaking my bios (disabled all unused sata ports, change os type to -> windows ueif mode, power auto on mode) and replugging the power cables for my riser and 5th gpu, and it magically worked. I don't know what fixed my problem :/ . Any guess what is causing this?