My 7 year old daughter is playing Sapphire for the second time and she won it in
16 hours! It took me 75+ hours to win it and I thought I got through it fairly
quickly.. guess not!

<jigglypuff@wigglytuff.co.uk> wrote in message

> My 7 year old daughter is playing Sapphire for the second time and she won
it in
> 16 hours! It took me 75+ hours to win it and I thought I got through it
fairly
> quickly.. guess not!

What do you mean by "won"? Beat the elite 4? Captured Kyogre? Captured
Lati[a/o]s? Completed her pokedex?
Beating the elite 4 could be easily done w/in 16 hours if you skip a lot of
the side quests and just concentrated on leveling your team.

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 12:43:34 -0700, in alt.games.nintendo.pokemon "Brion K.
Lienhart" <brionl@comcast.net> wrote:

><jigglypuff@wigglytuff.co.uk> wrote in message
>>

>> My 7 year old daughter is playing Sapphire for the second time and she won
>it in
>> 16 hours! It took me 75+ hours to win it and I thought I got through it
>fairly
>> quickly.. guess not!
>
>What do you mean by "won"? Beat the elite 4? Captured Kyogre? Captured
>Lati[a/o]s? Completed her pokedex?
>Beating the elite 4 could be easily done w/in 16 hours if you skip a lot of
>the side quests and just concentrated on leveling your team.

She beat the elite four captured Kyogre, latios and the 3 regi's

> On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 12:43:34 -0700, in alt.games.nintendo.pokemon "Brion K.
> Lienhart" <brionl@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> ><jigglypuff@wigglytuff.co.uk> wrote in message
> >>

> >> My 7 year old daughter is playing Sapphire for the second time and she
won
> >it in
> >> 16 hours! It took me 75+ hours to win it and I thought I got through
it
> >fairly
> >> quickly.. guess not!
>
> She beat the elite four captured Kyogre, latios and the 3 regi's

One question - did she trade in pokes to speed up the process? Or use any
'cheats'...

I usually finish in 30 to 40 hours taking my time with it....and no trades
prior to completion. The first time I played - it took 39 hours and change
to finish Ruby, Grouden, final 4, Raqueza and the Regis - and a couple more
before I had latios.

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 13:39:43 GMT, in alt.games.nintendo.pokemon "Raph"
<raph1@hotmail.com> wrote:

><jigglypuff@wigglytuff.co.uk> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 12:43:34 -0700, in alt.games.nintendo.pokemon "Brion K.
>> Lienhart" <brionl@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> ><jigglypuff@wigglytuff.co.uk> wrote in message

>won
>> >it in
>it
>> >fairly
>>
>> She beat the elite four captured Kyogre, latios and the 3 regi's
>
>One question - did she trade in pokes to speed up the process? Or use any
>'cheats'...
>
>I usually finish in 30 to 40 hours taking my time with it....and no trades
>prior to completion. The first time I played - it took 39 hours and change
>to finish Ruby, Grouden, final 4, Raqueza and the Regis - and a couple more
>before I had latios.

Yes she traded some from her other Sapphire cart but they would not obey her
until she got all the gym badges. Once she got the final gym badge she got her
level 100 kyoger from he other game and of course beat the final four very
easily.. but remember she is only 7 years old and just learning to read.

> On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 13:39:43 GMT, in alt.games.nintendo.pokemon "Raph"
> <raph1@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> ><jigglypuff@wigglytuff.co.uk> wrote in message
> >> On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 12:43:34 -0700, in alt.games.nintendo.pokemon "Brion
K.

> >won
> >it
> >>
> >> She beat the elite four captured Kyogre, latios and the 3 regi's
> >
> >One question - did she trade in pokes to speed up the process? Or use any
> >'cheats'...
> >
> >I usually finish in 30 to 40 hours taking my time with it....and no
trades
> >prior to completion. The first time I played - it took 39 hours and
change
> >to finish Ruby, Grouden, final 4, Raqueza and the Regis - and a couple
more
> >before I had latios.
> >

> Yes she traded some from her other Sapphire cart but they would not obey
her
> until she got all the gym badges. Once she got the final gym badge she
got her
> level 100 kyoger from he other game and of course beat the final four very
> easily.. but remember she is only 7 years old and just learning to read.

Sorry, I should have added that I'm very impressed.. :)

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 16:08:52 GMT, in alt.games.nintendo.pokemon "Raph"
<raph1@hotmail.com> wrote:

><jigglypuff@wigglytuff.co.uk> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 13:39:43 GMT, in alt.games.nintendo.pokemon "Raph"
>> <raph1@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> ><jigglypuff@wigglytuff.co.uk> wrote in message
>K.

>she
>> >won
>through
>> >it

>> >One question - did she trade in pokes to speed up the process? Or use any
>> >'cheats'...
>> >
>> >I usually finish in 30 to 40 hours taking my time with it....and no
>trades
>> >prior to completion. The first time I played - it took 39 hours and
>change
>> >to finish Ruby, Grouden, final 4, Raqueza and the Regis - and a couple
>more
>> >before I had latios.
>> >

>> Yes she traded some from her other Sapphire cart but they would not obey
>her
>> until she got all the gym badges. Once she got the final gym badge she
>got her
>> level 100 kyoger from he other game and of course beat the final four very
>> easily.. but remember she is only 7 years old and just learning to read.
>

>Sorry, I should have added that I'm very impressed.. :)

Oh no problem.. I'm impressed too but I'm a bit biased of course.. :)