how many monitors can sli 760 4gb support

Solution
If you don't sli then the game will only use 1 gpu, not both, so would have less performance. Video rendering can still use both gpus not in sli depending on the software. You can have all of the monitors hooked up but only 4 displaying at once in sli. You can always just switch which monitors are displaying or just disable sli when you don't need it and want all the other monitors on.

An i7 and 16gb is fine. You could probably be fine with 8gb. Although you should get 2 sticks so you have room to upgrade if needed. Be aware you need w7 pro, ult or any w8 for more than 16gb ram.

chibiturasu

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013

so if i want to use 6 monitors would a 1155 i7 and 16gb ram be good or should i get 32?

HeyyScott

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013

You would assume if you have that many monitors, you will be running ton of program on, which in that case I was making sure OP has decent cpu and ram. Other wise, you have like 6 monitors and 2 things on screen.

chibiturasu

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013

im wanting to start recording and editing video's but im wanting to also use the computer as kind of a hub thing (like connect it to a tv and watch videos in a bedroom or something(does that make sense?!?!?)) and im also wanting to use it for gaming
i guess and example of what im talking about is 3 monitors for the game one for displaning a video capture software then the another one for extra's then a tv for lyiing down and watching video's XD is that to excessive
and if i dont use sli will i cause problems or and latency issues ????? still new to the pc scene XD
thx

If you don't sli then the game will only use 1 gpu, not both, so would have less performance. Video rendering can still use both gpus not in sli depending on the software. You can have all of the monitors hooked up but only 4 displaying at once in sli. You can always just switch which monitors are displaying or just disable sli when you don't need it and want all the other monitors on.

An i7 and 16gb is fine. You could probably be fine with 8gb. Although you should get 2 sticks so you have room to upgrade if needed. Be aware you need w7 pro, ult or any w8 for more than 16gb ram.

Solution

chibiturasu

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013

ah ok thx thats helpful so w/o sli it will display on all monitors w/ sli only four righ just mmaking sure i understand

TRENDING THREADS