[SOLVED] How many nvme SSD does this motherboard support

Solution
I have 3 spare nvme ssd (2 gen3 and one gen4)
does my motherboard support them alltogether with a graphics card?
Yes, although that depends what type gen3 drives you have. Since the board can only use max one SATA NVME drive if both your gen3 drives were SATA you could use only one.
I read things about 20 cpu lanes and shared slots and I dont understand what does that mean
Those lanes are used to communicate with devices like GPU, drives, USB. CPU has (for example) 20 lanes for direct communication with GPU and top M.2 drive (split 16 to GPU/ 4 to M.2), but then it also has certain number of lanes that are used to communicate with other devices (like the rest of drives) through motherboard chipset.
I have 3 spare nvme ssd (2 gen3 and one gen4)
does my motherboard support them alltogether with a graphics card?
Yes, although that depends what type gen3 drives you have. Since the board can only use max one SATA NVME drive if both your gen3 drives were SATA you could use only one.
I read things about 20 cpu lanes and shared slots and I dont understand what does that mean
Those lanes are used to communicate with devices like GPU, drives, USB. CPU has (for example) 20 lanes for direct communication with GPU and top M.2 drive (split 16 to GPU/ 4 to M.2), but then it also has certain number of lanes that are used to communicate with other devices (like the rest of drives) through motherboard chipset.

Reactions: 7medd
Solution

7medd

Reputable
Nov 14, 2020
Gigabyte says

1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2260/2280/22110 SATA and PCIe 3.0 x4/x2 SSD support)(M2A_SB)

1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2260/2280/22110 PCIe 3.0 x4/x2 SSD support) (M2B_SB)

6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
it says also that if you put an sata M.2 you may lose when of the 6 sata ssds
I was confused by the 20 lanes story but the response above cleared it out

thanks everyone