[SOLVED] How many ohms does my x570 support?

Aug 11, 2020
I am looking at getting the dt 990 250 ohm headset and want to see if my mobo can support this resistance but can't seem to find it anywhere in my settings, manual or online. I want to see if i can get out of buying a headphone amp if possible. I have a Gigabyte x570 gaming mobo and saw some people day gigabyte supports up to 600ohms? Highly doubt that but if it can do 250 that would be great. If it cant do 250ohms, does it matter or create a sound difference in my between the three ohms levels lets say if i were to get the 32ohms or 80ohms? Always wondered if when they have their appropriate power if there is truly a sound difference.

Solution
D
I don't see anything about an integrated headphone amp on the X570 Gaming X.

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/X570-GAMING-X-rev-10/sp#sp

That being said the 250ohm 990s aren't terribly hard to drive. They're bright to the point of ear murder but that makes them pretty good for gaming.

Always wondered if when they have their appropriate power if there is truly a sound difference.

Depends on the headphone. A 990? probably not much. They'll either be loud or they won't. A more resolving headphone like a Sennheiser HD650/6XX? Yes. Absolutely.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Read this(as it pertains to your audio codec). Also, you might want to try and listen to the pair on your current setup and see if you're left wanting more but the ALC887 isn't at all a high end haedphone driver, more like bottom of the bin when you compare it with today's ALC1220 codec on most boards.

Aug 11, 2020
I'm seeing this for a "Gigabyte x570 gaming PLUS" MB....but I can't find anything similar without the PLUS.

"Automatically detects impedance up to 600 Ohms for studio-grade sound quality"
It’s the X which I’m assuming is Plus, where did you find this quote? If true it should be able to run those headphones fine?

Aug 11, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Read this(as it pertains to your audio codec). Also, you might want to try and listen to the pair on your current setup and see if you're left wanting more but the ALC887 isn't at all a high end haedphone driver, more like bottom of the bin when you compare it with today's ALC1220 codec on most boards.
If they are “low end” drivers what would be a solution? Get a sound card? Even with the ALC887 what are the downsides if i were to just plug the headphones right into the mobo and use those audio/headphone drivers?

D

Deleted member 217926

I don't see anything about an integrated headphone amp on the X570 Gaming X.

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/X570-GAMING-X-rev-10/sp#sp

That being said the 250ohm 990s aren't terribly hard to drive. They're bright to the point of ear murder but that makes them pretty good for gaming.

Always wondered if when they have their appropriate power if there is truly a sound difference.

Depends on the headphone. A 990? probably not much. They'll either be loud or they won't. A more resolving headphone like a Sennheiser HD650/6XX? Yes. Absolutely.

Solution