[SOLVED] how many times can you clone your operating system

Sep 11, 2019
hello
i want to change my primary disk (hdd) to an ssd (1terrabyte) but my computer has already an secundary disk (ssd 500gb) is that possible.
and can i clone the OS first from the hdd to the ssd then then change my hdd to an ssd and then clone the os from the secundary ssd to my primairy ssd

thanks

Solution
1. You can switch out your OS system drive or auxiliary drive(s) at will and as many times as you like.

2. Provided you have, indeed, cloned your current OS drive to the drive that will replace it, you can do this to your heart's content. The system boots off of the drive that is designated as the boot drive, and you can put a new one in daily were you to choose to do so

I do not understand what you mean by your final comments, but will address them broke into pieces:

• i clone the OS first from the hdd to the ssd (yep, no problem)
  • change my hdd to an ssd (if by this, you mean taking the cloned SSD and replace the current OS HDD you just cloned with it, sure)
  • clone the os from the secundary ssd to my primairy...

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
1. You can switch out your OS system drive or auxiliary drive(s) at will and as many times as you like.

2. Provided you have, indeed, cloned your current OS drive to the drive that will replace it, you can do this to your heart's content. The system boots off of the drive that is designated as the boot drive, and you can put a new one in daily were you to choose to do so

I do not understand what you mean by your final comments, but will address them broke into pieces:

• i clone the OS first from the hdd to the ssd (yep, no problem)
  • change my hdd to an ssd (if by this, you mean taking the cloned SSD and replace the current OS HDD you just cloned with it, sure)
  • clone the os from the secundary ssd to my primairy ssd (this I don't quite get)

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
As many times as humanly possible.. the others have answered it but the only thing that would eventually stop you is wear and tear on the drives themselves. They only have so many writes... its still way over the amount you want to do.

its a clone. You could also reinstall win 10 every 20 minutes on each ssd for as long as you like, and the only thing that would restrict you is perhaps someone else coming in and telling you to stop being silly :)

there is no restriction to how many times you can put win 10 on the same hardware... or at least, none we have run into. Changed hardware, different story.