How many times can you use your Windows activation key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartix111

Reputable
Feb 19, 2014
Hi there! I want to reinstall Windows 7 on my laptop and I don't have the cd. Will it work with the ISO? I got windows 7 professional sp1 I want to reinstall it today . I have the pendrive bootable and the ISO on it. To get the ISO on it I used Windows 7 usb cd tool. But will it work with the same key? Please quick replies!!!! Thanks in advance ;)

Solution
More likely with a laptop is that the manufacturers tattooed the BIOS and linked the machine to a specific installation. You might get away with installing it but fail at the Microsoft activation stage and when you use the telephone line to activate, you might be told to revert to the manufacturers.

The general answer to your question is once.
More likely with a laptop is that the manufacturers tattooed the BIOS and linked the machine to a specific installation. You might get away with installing it but fail at the Microsoft activation stage and when you use the telephone line to activate, you might be told to revert to the manufacturers.

The general answer to your question is once.

Solution
Could go either way. Dell and Acer machines seem likely to throw the error. Their excuse is that they told you to create a recovery set of two or three disks therefore you shouldn't be using a different disk from which to install.

What was on there before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS