How much can i overclock my ATI XFX 5450 GT ?

simmyx

Honorable
May 15, 2017
Hi guys, i have an XFX 5450 1GB and so far have o.c'd to engine: 880mhz, memory 605mhz.. Can i push this any further without damaging the GPU ?
Im looking to o'c because i get a bit of lag when playing certain maps on Counterstrike GO.

Thanks

Solution
v-sync: vertical setting. it is setting that will prevent screen tearing. but if you have frame rates below 60 using v-sync will cause even more low frame rate than v-sync disabled. it is not because it was demanding but simply how the tech works. make sure you have v-sync disabled for both single and multi player if you want to maintain high frame rates. but if your issue is not v-sync related then honestly i'm not too sure what the issue is. because logically playing games in multi player is more stressful to the CPU and can cause low frame rates. majority of online games even when the graphic is not demanding the frame rate issue is coming always from CPU. especially in area that contain massive amount of player.
The 5450 is not a gaming card, so overclocking won't solve your issues. The biggest improvement you could get is to reduce the resolution you game at, to as low as you can stand it. If you're over 1280x1024 or 720p, it's already too high. If you could drop down to 1024x768 or lower that would be best. I know, because I used a card like this to play TF2 and CS.

v-sync: vertical setting. it is setting that will prevent screen tearing. but if you have frame rates below 60 using v-sync will cause even more low frame rate than v-sync disabled. it is not because it was demanding but simply how the tech works. make sure you have v-sync disabled for both single and multi player if you want to maintain high frame rates. but if your issue is not v-sync related then honestly i'm not too sure what the issue is. because logically playing games in multi player is more stressful to the CPU and can cause low frame rates. majority of online games even when the graphic is not demanding the frame rate issue is coming always from CPU. especially in area that contain massive amount of player.

Solution