[SOLVED] How much can I possibly get for my build ?

DirtySZN

Commendable
May 6, 2020
I normally would NOT post this type of thing so I apologize ahead of time, but I am still posting it due to the current market of GPU's, CPU's, etc... Thank you for understanding.
I am just trying to see how much I can possibly get for my personal custom gaming PC build all together...
The PC has been used mostly for gaming on lowest settings for about 4 months now...

My specs:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core @ 3.70GHz

Graphics Card - AMD Radeon RX Vega 56(8GB), - ( https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-rx-vega-56.c2993 )

Memory - OLOy RAM 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3000MHz CL16 - ( https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083NPX9T...olid=30D98X0T9E0Q2&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it )

Storage - #1) 2TB Hitachi HUS724020ALA640 HDD
#2) Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 250GB
#3) PNY CS900 500GB SATA SSD

Power Supply - ARESGAME 750W Semi Modular 80+ Bronze (AGV750) - ( https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08JM12SQ...olid=30D98X0T9E0Q2&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it )

OS - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Motherboard - ASRock B450 Pro4

CPU Cooling System - ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO - ( https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0846LXCJ6?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details )

Fans - x6 GIM KB-28 RGB Case Fans 120mm - ( https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08L4BN6J...olid=30D98X0T9E0Q2&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it )

Case - Rosewill ATX Mid Tower Case w/ Tempered Glass - ( https://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-Computer-Supports-Support-Tempered/dp/B07QH82MD1/ref=sr_1_7_mod_primary_new?dchild=1&keywords=rosewill+gaming+pc+case&qid=1621721426&sbo=RZvfv//HxDF+O5021pAnSA==&sr=8-7&th=1 )

THANK YOU GUYS FOR ANY HELP HERE! :)

Solution
Not a bad option, just not an amazing CPU cooler, right in the middle between stock cooler and entry level AIO or high end air coolers. They look alright, which is why they are popular, and priced okay. Certainly more plain ones that have better cooling/better fans. Noctua, be quiet!, certain Phanteks, Scythe, Xigmatek, and the venerable Cooler Master 212 series.

A larger NVMe drive basically. 256GB is small, Windows and maybe one large game installation (these days) You have to leave room for swap files and empty space for TRIM functions. SATA SSD is fine for game storage as well, just considering that for the retail price of both of them, someone could buy a 1TB SSD for about the same.

Faster memory will certainly help the CPU...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You've got prices for most everything there.

Might get $20 for each SSD

Core system retails for $500, CPU, Motherboard, Ram, and CPU cooler.

Vega 56 are selling on ebay between $500 and $800, so that is a big variable.

Power supply scares me.

Chassis and fans, maybe $100.

Selling this as a bundle might be difficult, it has some flaws in terms of storage, memory speed, and the CPU cooler.

Shipping whole computers is expensive as well and tricky.

You might convince someone to take it for $800 or $900 shipped, but I suspect you would get more parting it out, particularly the GPU and core system separately.

Myself, I wouldn't go out of my way to pick up that storage or the power supply.

DirtySZN

Commendable
May 6, 2020
You've got prices for most everything there.

Might get $20 for each SSD

Core system retails for $500, CPU, Motherboard, Ram, and CPU cooler.

Vega 56 are selling on ebay between $500 and $800, so that is a big variable.

Power supply scares me.

Chassis and fans, maybe $100.

Selling this as a bundle might be difficult, it has some flaws in terms of storage, memory speed, and the CPU cooler.

Shipping whole computers is expensive as well and tricky.

You might convince someone to take it for $800 or $900 shipped, but I suspect you would get more parting it out, particularly the GPU and core system separately.

Myself, I wouldn't go out of my way to pick up that storage or the power supply.
I appreciate the feedback, but what would you recommend me to change as far as the storage, memory, and CPU cooler if I were to keep the build for myself?

I actually posted on here asking what cooler I should get and someone responded with that ARCTIC one that’s in the build now when I upgraded to the 5600X.. So that’s just upsetting to me if it wasn’t a good option.

Also, as far as the power supply what would you recommend me getting if I switch it out for something else? Thanks!

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Not a bad option, just not an amazing CPU cooler, right in the middle between stock cooler and entry level AIO or high end air coolers. They look alright, which is why they are popular, and priced okay. Certainly more plain ones that have better cooling/better fans. Noctua, be quiet!, certain Phanteks, Scythe, Xigmatek, and the venerable Cooler Master 212 series.

A larger NVMe drive basically. 256GB is small, Windows and maybe one large game installation (these days) You have to leave room for swap files and empty space for TRIM functions. SATA SSD is fine for game storage as well, just considering that for the retail price of both of them, someone could buy a 1TB SSD for about the same.

Faster memory will certainly help the CPU, 3600Mhz is the common recommendation for 5000 series.

Not much point in selling it to buy anything else. Most of the value is in the GPU, which you could sell, but then the computer is useless until a replacement is available. If you are just done with PC gaming, the parts will be useful to someone, just not likely to find anyone buying that particular set of parts intentionally, unless you under-price it. That is why parting it out will work better, in this situation.

Cases are subjective as well, finding someone who wants that much RGB in that case, probably more desirable than I think. But shipping is always the killer of these things. You package that back up, even it its original box (Ideally with the CPU cooler and GPU removed and in separate boxes or boxed up and placed inside the case) Then you have a large heavy package, usually $100 to get it anywhere. So local sales are ideal.

Reactions: DirtySZN
Solution

DirtySZN

Commendable
May 6, 2020

Faster memory will certainly help the CPU, 3600Mhz is the common recommendation for 5000 series.

Not much point in selling it to buy anything else. Most of the value is in the GPU, which you could sell, but then the computer is useless until a replacement is available. If you are just done with PC gaming, the parts will be useful to someone, just not likely to find anyone buying that particular set of parts intentionally, unless you under-price it. That is why parting it out will work better, in this situation.

Cases are subjective as well, finding someone who wants that much RGB in that case, probably more desirable than I think. But shipping is always the killer of these things. You package that back up, even it its original box (Ideally with the CPU cooler and GPU removed and in separate boxes or boxed up and placed inside the case) Then you have a large heavy package, usually $100 to get it anywhere. So local sales are ideal.
Just one more question that I had was the memory -
Will my ASROCK B450 Pro4 support DDR4 RAM 3600MHz? I’m not sure if this is a stupid question I’m sorry if it is, I am still learning about gaming PC’s in general lol.