Question How much can I sell my gaming PC for?

Apr 10, 2020
I would like to upgrade to the Ryzen platform, so I figure just building a new PC instead of trying to upgrade this one. So I am wondering how much I would be able to get for my current setup to help put towards a new PC.

My current setup is:

Case:
NZXT Phantom Full Tower Gaming Case - Black
Processor:
AMD FX-9590 CPU (8x 4.70GHz/8MB L3 Cache)
Motherboard:
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 -- AMD 990FX w/ 4x PCI-E 2.0 x16
Memory:
16 GB [8 GB x2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - G.Skill Ripjaws X
Video Card:
AMD Radeon HD 7990 - 6GB
Power Supply:
1000 Watt - AZZA Dynamo10000W
Processor Cooling:
Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid CPU Cooler - ARC Dual Silent High Performance Fan
Primary Hard Drive:
2 TB Hard Drive -- 256MB Cache, 7200RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive
External Optical Drive:
24x Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black
Sound Card:
ASUS Xonar DSX -- 7.1 Channels, 192kHz/24-bit
Network Card:
Intel Pro 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Network Card

This was built back in 2013 and I was debating putting a 1660 Super and a 1TB 2.5 SSD to give it some new life until they released the new products coming. I am looking for thoughts on that upgrade path or just saving the money, selling this PC to build something new. I would like this PC to be able to run VR if possible.

Also if you can let me know if you are pricing this at USD, as I would be selling in CAD.

Thank you for your time.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Based on what I'm seeing on EBay's completed sales for the FX-9590 seem to be running between $110 and $250. I'd probably start around $240 for the CPU/Motherboard/RAM combo (first $200 get it. You can't ask for much more as a newer and better core system starts around $260,

You can do the same for your other components. Look up your items on EBay and check to see what the completed sales average.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: psychoticgoat
Apr 10, 2020
Based on what I'm seeing on EBay's completed sales for the FX-9590 seem to be running between $110 and $250. I'd probably start around $240 for the CPU/Motherboard/RAM combo (first $200 get it. You can't ask for much more as a newer and better core system starts around $260,

You can do the same for your other components. Look up your items on EBay and check to see what the completed sales average.

-Wolf sends

Thank you very much, I appreciate your input. I didn't realize you could look at completed ebay sales, I thought you could only see the asking price and buy it now price. I will check it out.

Again, thank you.

alexcoulter111

Reputable
Sep 12, 2018
Depending on how big your city is you live in, local selling with the right pictures and tags etc. you might be able to get anywhere between $300 CAD and $500 CAD although selling locally at the current time would be dodgy and it would probably be better to sell it as either a whole or part it out on eBay.

Apr 10, 2020
Depending on how big your city is you live in, local selling with the right pictures and tags etc. you might be able to get anywhere between $300 CAD and $500 CAD although selling locally at the current time would be dodgy and it would probably be better to sell it as either a whole or part it out on eBay.

Small and remote city, that is also a good point about the times, people won't have much extra income at this moment. Thank you for the price for the system. I was looking at selling it as a whole system turn key for whoever bought it.