Discussion How much can I sell my rig for

Mar 28, 2019
I am trying to get an estimate on how much I should sell my rig for. I built this system a year ago for school, and I am moving overseas for a job. Intel i7 Broadwell 6 core on an ASUS Republic of Gamers RAMPAGE 10 EDITION Motherboard, complimented with 64GB of RAM, ideally specific to the CPU at 2800Mhz. There are two Graphics Cards. The array of Hard Drives is configured for maximum performance and speed when engaged in high poly graphics, or video editing. The OS and any Application/Programs would be located on the first SSD (M.2) drive, the following drive is a scratch disk, a 256GB SSD drive, which is utilized as soft RAM or Cache when working on complex projects in applications such as Adobe. There are 2 Mechanical HDDs which are 2GB and 6GB respectably, I used the 2GB for current projects (allocated to the Desktop), and the 6GB for archive and reference data, such as libraries of assets (B-roll, 3D rigs, Templates, Shaders, Texture, etc.…). The entire system is powered by a 1000-watt modular power supply. It has 2 liquid cooling units, the first is on the CPU and the second is on the first Graphics Card which carries most of the load. The case has plenty of room for more, having 6 internal bays, including 2 more external sliding bays for interchangeable HDs or peripherals. The OS is Windows Pro with the latest update. Also included is a Logitech Wireless Keyboard and Mouse, and speakers. The Monitor is a WACOM 27QHDT touch screen display with pen. The Resolution is 2560x1440 (4K) and has a handheld express key remote that can be customized with shortcuts for quick access and workflow. The ergo stand can be lowered and raised, or even detached from the monitor. Has never been overclocked.

*CPU: Intel Core i7-6850K 6-Core 3.6 GHz
*COOLING SYSTEM: Corsair H115i Liquid CPU Cooler
*MB: ASUS ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 LGA X99, WiFi and Bluetooth enabled.
*RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB 2800MHz DDR4
*Graphics: (2x) EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080, 8GB (16GB Total)
*OS DRIVE: SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB SSD
*SCRATCH DRIVE: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD
*HD DRIVE: Current data - WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache
*HD DRIVE: Archive Data - WD Black 6TB 7200 RPM 128MB Cache
*POWER SUPPLY: EVGA SuperNOVA 80+ TITANIUM 1000W Fully-Modular
*CASE: Cooler Master HAF X
Logitech Keyboard and Mouse USB RF Wireless
*SPEAKERS: Rosewill 2.0 Woofer Speaker System 60 Watts
*MONITOR: Wacom Cintique 27 QHDT 4K Touch screen display and pen
Wacom Cintique ergonomic stand

Any Help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hUS_A2nzIjlUu4fai_-3gC7byqEIV64Q

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
QHD is not 4K first off so you'll not be wanting to market it with that. UHD is actually 3840x2160. 4K itself, which practically no one uses properly is 4096x2160. UHD and 4K are interchangeable for consumers.

This is certainly a situation where parting it out is going to make more sense. No one is going to want that exact configuration.

You can get about $100 for each 16GB of memory.

You can probably get around $300-350 for each GTX1080.

You can probably sell the CPU cooler for around $75-100 depending on how old it really is.

Never really been one to track used hard drive prices. I wouldn't consider picking them up, but you might get $30 for the 2TB and $100 for the 6TB.

1000W power supply is a tough sell, but you might get $75 dollars.

SSDs are both Pro drives, so they should still command some decent prices, but certainly not equal the cost of a new NVMe drive.

The CPU isn't all that special unless someone needs quad channel memory, you can pick up 6 core 12 thread CPUs from AMD for under $200 and from Intel for about $350. Couple that with the motherboard, maybe $400 sold together.

Cases are a tough sell due to shipping prices. Either you low ball it or try to find someone local to take it off you.