[SOLVED] How much can i sell the Intel Core i3 2120 for?

SawmMawia

Great
Jan 17, 2021
Hello,my lil bro is gaming on my old pc,the pc he is gaming on doesnt have a discrete GPU but runs on Intel HD Graphics 2000 which is pretty bad for gaming,he plays games like Gta San Andreas,but does not play heavy games like Gta 5,the pc he is using has an Intel Core i3 2120,how much can i sell it on ebay and lets say we can sell the CPU for 20 Bucks,what would be a better CPU on that budget,i dont think he needs a Graphics Card as he doesnt play games too much

Solution
If you look at sold listings of a 2120 on ebay, $10 is what you might get, and... you will also have to pay for shipping.

Most games are graphics limited.
Consider adding a discrete gpu. Any thing.
Try this simple test:
Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
This makes the graphics card loaf a bit.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.

I suspect that even a GTX750ti or GT1030 would make a big difference.
Perhaps $100.

Most games depend on the performance of the single master thread.
While you could upgrade to a i7-2600K and get 8 threads for about $75, the single thread...

SawmMawia

Great
Jan 17, 2021
I think you might be lucky to get 10$.,,,and I think you need a bit more than $10 to get anything decent.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=i3-2120&_sacat=0
I think you might be lucky to get 10$.,,,and I think you need a bit more than $10 to get anything decent.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=i3-2120&_sacat=0
Huh
I saw a seller who sells it for 16 Bucks and people still buy it,should i just sell it for like 16 bucks too

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
If you sold that i3 for $20, I'd imagine the best cpu you could then turn around and get for $20 would be an i3 2120 ....

You'd by necessity need to bump up the budget and be looking at a 3rd gen i5 or i7. That's IF you have a cooler capable of handling the upgraded power and heat output.

Or just keep the cpu and pitch out $20 for a GT710/720 and quadruple his graphics ability.

Reactions: SawmMawia
If you look at sold listings of a 2120 on ebay, $10 is what you might get, and... you will also have to pay for shipping.

Most games are graphics limited.
Consider adding a discrete gpu. Any thing.
Try this simple test:
Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
This makes the graphics card loaf a bit.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.

I suspect that even a GTX750ti or GT1030 would make a big difference.
Perhaps $100.

Most games depend on the performance of the single master thread.
While you could upgrade to a i7-2600K and get 8 threads for about $75, the single thread performance would be only about 15% better.

Solution